MY Best Friend | Teen Ink

MY Best Friend

By ThatGirl.. GOLD, New Delhi, Other
ThatGirl.. GOLD, New Delhi, Other

Those people who say they know everything.annoy those of us who do..!

Before starting you need to know that I used to be one of those people who dint believe in having a “best friend”..,loads of close friends but no best friend….so this is how I found her…
We were in the eighth grade, I had one of the best classes. We had a common friend still do….but that’s not the story...so ya that common friend had her problems to deal with...she got into the “group”….n was estatic…I dint care much nor did my best friend…
So in the winter break we talked…n i mean talked n talked n talked….i dint know if I was just some one to vent to or if it was her nature to blabber…then the calls became frequent…n wanted…n looked forward to….
Before we knew it we were best friends…we felt like we had a right on each other..n that’s what I love about our friendship…but like any relationship we did have our ups n downs….there was a time we used to fight every Tuesday…but we got past that…then we had a large number or disagreements…but that’s what made our friendship stronger…
But that one day…I really realized we were “best friends” or that I had found a best friend….it was unexpected…it was one of those Tuesdays…I had irritated her..with a friend of mine…instead of shouting or getting angry…she went some where without us noticing…we were in school…I found her in my class sitting alone with her head down…not saying anything….which is nothing like her usual self….generally she’s the attention seeker,the class clown,the blabber…what did I do…?
I just went and sat there…said nothing,doodled…feeling she would talk if she wished to but didn’t force her….just sat there….then she came to me n told me she wanted a walk….all I did was go with her….i asked her why she had gotten that angry…she simply said she didn’t expect it from me…and that’s how I found my best friend….i hope our friendship really stays “forever”…n everybody finds his or her own….

me n my friend are opposites....n people are often suprised how we got so close...but thats for then to wander..