Abusive Relationships | Teen Ink

Abusive Relationships

By sammirose SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
sammirose SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

In an abusive relationship? Get out of it because abusive relationships are dangerous. If you think your relationship is headed towards abuse and are unsure, these tips can help you. Does your boyfriend or girlfriend tease you in a harmful way? In public or private? Does your boyfriend or girlfriend act jealous of your friends, family or co-workers? Does your boyfriend or girlfriend check up on you by constantly calling, driving by your house, or even worse having someone else do it?

If you answer yes your relationship might be headed towards an abusive one. If you see any of these signs, get out of the relationship as fast as you can.
You might feel like you can’t and don’t have the strength to leave or you are just scared but you can ask for help from family members or friends. There isn’t anything wrong with trying to start a new and full life.

Understandably; if you were with this abusive boyfriend or girlfriend for awhile you still love him or her, and want to forgive them again and again for what they might have done. But try thinking to yourself, is it worth it? If you keep making excuses, it will get worse and happen over and over again.

A lot of people are in your situation. It is not your fault if your boyfriend/girlfriend is being abusive. Don’t let him or her intimidate you, because you can try and fight back.

According to cbsnews.com, “Thirty percent of teens report abuse in relationships a year.”

beccabex24 said...
on Jan. 24 2010 at 5:00 pm
beccabex24, Searingtown, New York

Be who you are and say who you feel, because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind.

though its nice, i think it needs more feeling