And I ask why? | Teen Ink

And I ask why?

By arewethereyet SILVER, Davao, Other
arewethereyet SILVER, Davao, Other

I've always thought of this from the minute I had my first boyfriend... I was too scared to ask him when we broke up, and I was a chicken to ask the ones that followed after him.

I have always wondered, why do we cheat on the ones we say we love? So I answered it myself.

I know that during these times, we cant really be sure if we're in love. Older people tell us we can't possibly be in love at such a young age, but we don't believe them...

If we really love someone, why do we look for another? Is it because there's someone better, or is it because the one we love doesn't love us as much as we love them...

I think it's because when we have someone good, we always believe that there is someone better. We don't realize the importance of what is already with us, we continue looking for someone better but isn't there. We ignore the love that is being offered to us. We look for someone better, someone who's cooler, looks better or is smarter. We only realize that we have the best once we've lost it...