Teenagers & Love | Teen Ink

Teenagers & Love

By Jade-Writes-xo BRONZE, Fraserburgh, Other
Jade-Writes-xo BRONZE, Fraserburgh, Other

"Play hard, work harder"

Who would of thought someone's whole life could be turned upside down because of three words? I couldn't understand why my friends would go crazy over some boy. Of course I had boyfriends like them. But they were just like my friends to me. I wasn't about to drastically change my life!

However, my opinion on love has changed. You can meet someone that will make you feel like your on cloud 9. For example, my current boyfriend was like any other one I once had. But my feelings changed over time as he would visit me when I was ill, buy me unexpected presents and come straight round to my house whenever I had a problem. This made me feel like I couldn't live without this feeling. But don't get me wrong, I know love is never perfect. My boyfriend and I argued and still do sometimes today, we may have different opinions on things and sometimes we may be too busy to show how much we love each other. But if everything was perfect, it would be rather boring, wouldn't it?

After all, I fell in love with someone imperfect. Why would I expect them to be like something out of a fairytale book? Love is never like that!

I would also like to add, those of you who haven't found great love yet. Don't stress over it. It will come in its own time and even if it doesn't work out, there are other fish in the sea. We are only young once! Please do me a favour and don't worry if you and your partner don't love each other 'forever'. You have your whole life to find the one you want to be with for the rest of your life. Don't feel like your teenage years are for finding your future husband or wife.

I know i'm still young and I have a lot more to learn about love and life. But this is just how I feel.

I feel it's ridiculous how much teenagers feel they have to find their partners for life whilst they are still at school. That's why I wrote this short piece. To show teenagers like me to just have fun while you can.

on Feb. 21 2012 at 2:10 pm
MarleyRainbow PLATINUM, Valles MInes, Missouri

one good thing about music is, when it hits you, you feel no pain.

not all teenagers are really worried about love but i do agree that if they are they should wait because it will always be there waiting for them in the future. :)

on Nov. 3 2011 at 10:32 am
PatriciaLegacy BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Whats a star when its most important fan is missing - Drake

Omgg ! , Yess I Agree With Uu Lik 1OO% ! 

Safeleo said...
on May. 11 2011 at 11:15 pm
Safeleo, Iwakuni, Other

"Looking up into the night sky is like looking into infinity - the distance is incomprehensible and therefore meaningless."
-Douglas Adams

Nice article, but about the fish in the sea part, you should cheek out the article that's right above yours in popularity by the same title.

on Feb. 12 2011 at 2:16 pm
RoseDewittBukater, Winnipeg, Other
I so agree with this! I'm a young teenager and I still have many teen years to live to the fullest--in my opinion, teenagers shouldn't care for love at all! That's adult buisness! Like you said, just enjoy the young years while you can. You won't regret it! ;)

on Jan. 21 2011 at 12:09 pm
bootsieXoXoXoX BRONZE, Jefferson, New York

"god grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, courage to change the things i can, and wisdom to know the difference"

wow this is really  good, u described young love perfectly! your really good and you put your [ersonal life into it =D its really great cant wait to read more

on Dec. 8 2010 at 4:29 pm
Mayzie2010 BRONZE, East Syracuse, New York

"Don't tell me "the sky is the limit" when their are footprints and a flag and the moon"
-Anonymus

OMG!! AWESOME!! LUV IT!!! feell free to check out my work!! they're called "The Chivelrist" and "Charlie McCarthy"

on Sep. 6 2010 at 4:32 pm
DifferentTeen PLATINUM, Seaford, Delaware

"There’s no such thing as true love, just spurts of insanity—falling over and over again, thinking that won’t happen to me"

You decscribed teen "love" perfectly, never stop writing! Check out my work, especially "Its a Girl Thing" Thanks :)

on Apr. 10 2010 at 9:21 pm
Brebre95 SILVER, Roeland Park, Kansas
this is insane. i love it.

on Oct. 19 2009 at 8:00 pm
tennisislovee34 GOLD, Sterling Heights, Michigan

"Every moment of your life, you're writing. Even in your dreams, you're writing. When you walk the halls in this school you meet various people and you write furiously in your head." -Frank McCourt

I totally agree with your argument/opinion. it makes sense. we may fall in love with many people but that doesn't mean they are our future husband or wife. We should just have fun and not stress over the future.

on Oct. 18 2009 at 3:59 pm
TeamEdwardBarrett BRONZE, Columbia, South Carolina

Stay strong now cause things will get better, It may be stormy now but it cant rain forever.

This was a very moving opinion. Nice job