Be A Cry Baby | Teen Ink

Be A Cry Baby

By sgratton2019 BRONZE, Pittsfield, Illinois
sgratton2019 BRONZE, Pittsfield, Illinois

We are told throughout our lives that crying is unacceptable, that we have to look the other way. Come on sweet girl go wipe the tears away, fix your make up and let's go. We are told it not okay not to be okay. Stop sleeping, do not eat your problems away. Smile it’ll be alright. I am here to tell you that is okay not to be okay all the time. You can cry, do not fix your make up and forget it. I am giving you time to heal the way you need too. We do not need to be sunshine and smiles all the time you can be a dark cloud every once in awhile. Recently I broke my own heart instead of allowing him to have the thrill of breaking me more than he already did. I was told that I am going to laugh about this someday, wipe the mascara off my face and put my shoes to go to the store. I was told that I should not cry over some stupid boy. That stupid boy was my best friend and has been since my freshman year so of course I hurt. I was not allowed to let it all out then piece myself back together. I was forced to just get over it. That negative emotions are not acceptable, if you cry in front of anyone you are weak. I believe it is the complete opposite if you cry in front of someone you are strong and powerful. We need to allow people to have pity parties every once in awhile! We are humans we are not perfect, things happen and you are allowed to be upset. It is part of growing as a person! It is okay not to be okay all the time. So allow your crown to fall a little, let the tears run down for a little, heal the way you need too.So this I believe society needs to stop rushing our grieving process! We are always told what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger and crying never killed anyone it just makes us stronger. I been forced to live by the words “he isn’t worth it” but to me at that moment he was. I loved him and now he’s gone and I should be okay. I’m not and I should be allowed to show it! You should always get back up but you don’t have too right away, it takes time to stitch back the pieces. They tell you to take your time on everything else but why not during the grieving process? Why are we required to get over it right then and there? It doesn’t make sense to me. Why can’t I let my tiara fall every once in a while, why can’t I let the mascara run down face. I know I’ll be okay but in long run I won’t be if I can’t let it all out. Then people want to know why no one ever shows emotion and that is because if you do you are “weak”. In my eyes you are a  strong person. Society also makes it so men can’t cry at all and why’s that they have feelings too. They have hearts why do they get shamed for crying? Why are they considered less of a man for letting a tear fall when a loved one dies, or they have a heart break. I am kind of sick and tired of this stereotypical society! They assume if your crying your depressed and that’s not the case all the time. People cry when they are happy, sad, laughing or seeing someone comes home for the first in a long time. I want to cry when I’m mad or frustrated but I just push the tears away until one day I can’t hold them in anymore and I lose it! I believe it’s okay to show emotion and society is a whole bunch of crap. So this I believe crying is acceptable!