Can You Believe I Got Pregnant at 13? | Teen Ink

Can You Believe I Got Pregnant at 13?

March 1, 2019
By Anonymous

My personal experience I (myself) been through alot when it comes down to relationships….One day I was so terrified because I was already sick and throwing up everywhere but I was scared so my mom had took me to the hospital to get me checked out by a doctor or nurse anyways to make a long story short the nurse had came back in the room I was in and come to find out I was pregnant..Pregnancy isn't no joke take it from me I been too many doctors appointment went through many of tests and blood transplantes just to have a miscarriage never been through any of this like I was scared to the core asking myself all the questions I could ask myself and it was to the point I would miss school or leave school early to get to my doctors appointment I had plenty of thoughts to myself like how would I take care of a child so young ? how would I provide anything for my child? Every question I could think of just popped in my head. My mom on the other hand was kinda disappointed in me but no matter what was going to happen or what was going on with me she would be right there beside me no matter how mad she was but she got over it. It was a BIG mistake I would never make again.

A relationship can resolve into a pregnancy/abusive issue. This is a huge and major distraction from school/education and most relationships can ruin everything in your life.

Relationships are roller coasters. They can go up and they can go down. Relationships can lead to you getting pregnant or he/she  can be getting abused but the most important thing should be your education. The guttmacher institute notes that nearly half of american teens are sexually active,and too often this is the result of pressure. How common is teenage pregnancy? Centers for Disease control says 249,078 babies were born between 15-19 years of age.

This infatuation can cause teens to experience low self-esteem,devastation and depression when the relationship ends. When I got pregnant, I had to deal with lots of doctors appointments, and missed a lot of school. I had a lot of catching up to do and my grades weren't great. DON'T go through pregnancy as teen. It's not worth it.

Parents need to make sure their child is on the right track, like outside activities , and make sure their kids stay in school and not out in the streets because the streets ain't gonna give u education them books will give u all the things you need. Schools need to provide more activities, that way students won’t go boy-crazy and not do their work and fail in school.