Humans Crave Relationships | Teen Ink

Humans Crave Relationships

October 30, 2018
By ooothatsnessa BRONZE, Stafford, Virginia
ooothatsnessa BRONZE, Stafford, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Readers:


Humans Crave Relationships

Addicted to love? Craving comes in two forms, and both can hurt. We function throughout the day thanks to habits that are nearly automatic. We wake up, brush our teeth, and make coffee. Transforming behaviors into habits saves our brains from having to exert extra effort to make decisions, and this can work to our benefit. This goes for certain relationships as well. When people have close relationships with other people, it becomes a habit. When that relationship suddenly comes to a close, there is almost always a breeze of grief that crawls over someone's back.  Humans crave relationships because losing relationships can affect someone detrimentally and how they crave a replacement.


Losing a relationship can detrimentally affect individuals because many people are unable to overcome the sadness alone. Whether a relationship is social or intimate, humans feel the need to find someone else to fill in a void because positive energy can make people happier and contribute joy into people's lives. According to Robert Evans Wilson, Jr., humans become extremely invested in another individual when they are around them constantly, so it tends to hurt people immensely when it ends (Craving Connection). Expressing gratitude towards a partner can boost positivity for both parties. If people express gratitude, then they will be less likely to lose the relationship in the first place. Although most relationships may have an individual feeling like they’re on top of the world, relationships require hard word, effort, acceptance, and of course commitment. However, a balance is needed for a stable relationship. If not, the relationship will not end well and will result in rebounds.


Humans crave replacements because they can’t overcome the sadness. Human relations are important for the overall well being of an individual and some people can not ignore this fact. The rising incidence of anxiety, depression, and other mental problems is the result of lack of close human relationships. For example, many individuals crave the idea of love and they end up being infatuated according to the “Love and Relationships” article written by Mercury. Talking to a close friend or relative helps in releasing mental as well as physical stress. Another way people can overcome the sadness or grief is by doing something you love because relationships are not the only thing that can keep a person going.


In conclusion, humans crave relationships because they’re afraid of being solo and they can not overcome the sadness alone. We only crave relationships when we lose a special someone. If people understand that human relationships are necessary, then maybe individuals wouldn’t let go of that special relationship so easily. It’s okay not to reject loneliness and accept the fact that you are looking for love.   

 

Sincerely,


Vanessa R.