Is Pesticide Good or Bad? | Teen Ink

Is Pesticide Good or Bad?

By jlz22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
jlz22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Have you ever gotten sick from  crops because it has been outside too long and has gotten dirty or bugs have been inside it? Have you ever seen that? Well pesticide can easily help with that problem. If farmers do not use pesticide they have an even better chance of becoming sick than if they do use pesticide. People argue and say that pesticide gets people sick, and that they should not use it because it can cause cancer. Also, that it cost millions of dollars. However, that is not true people say that pesticide can help people stay healthy,  and it does not make people sick. It does not cost billions of dollars. There are ways to prevent people from getting sick just by washing hands, and not using it as a toy. If people are worried about pesticide, do not be because there are more positive things about pesticide than there are bad things. This paper argues that farmers should use pesticide on their crops for many reasons. Including, these reasons pesticide gets rid of all bugs from good to bad, it does not cost much, and finally it does not get people sick.

One reason why people should use pesticide on their crops because it helps keep the crop clean without any bugs. Have people ever thought about pesticide being the best?  For example in the article, “Why do farmers use pesticide on their crops”, by Jeanne Young, she says that “Pesticide kills all the bugs before the bugs destroy your whole crop.” She has been a writer since two thousand. Jeanne writes about Business, Health, Science, Environment, and Education. This shows that if people use pesticide people have a better chance of not getting sick than if people do not use pesticide. Pesticide should be used on your crops. What happens if pesticide gets in your food, and then they can get it in there stomach and it is basically poison. People can get sick! Well pesticide does not do it like that it gets rid of the bugs and kills them not you!

Another reason why pesticide should be used on your crops is farmer lose billions of dollars from using pesticide. Have people ever heard of pesticide being bad because of it’s  cost? Well, according to the “Pesticide” website farmers lose billions of dollars from using pesticide. “That is one percent a month of using pesticide.” This shows that if people use pesticide it will be much less money than if people do not use pesticide. Everybody wants to spend less money. So, use pesticide do not let bugs get in your food. Pesticide should be used on your crops because it does not cost much.

Finally why pesticide should be used on your crops is because people will not get sick. If farmers think about it, pesticide cleans your bugs first of and secondly the pesticide when people use it on your crops it does not harm them after all the bugs are gone, and on your crop. People might think that the pesticide can be poisonous! Well it does not harm people. There are ways to prevent people from getting sick just by not using it as a toy, and after people are done to wash their hands. If people do that than they do not have a chance of getting sick. Which people could get cancer. Pesticide should be used on your crops because it does not get people sick after they use it on your crop.

The opposing side might say that people can get sick from using pesticide, and that they should not use it because it can cause cancer. Therefore, cancer is main leading cause of death. Also, that it cost millions of dollars. Which people have to make sure they wash their hands, and not use it as a toy and finally to cover your mouth. Like if it is that much things to watch out for and things to do. Than pesticide should not be used  if  they have to do all of those things to not get sick.    

In conclusion farmers should use pesticide on their crops. Pesticide should be used because it gets rid of all bugs, farmers lose billions of dollars and finally it does not make people sick. Farmers when they use pesticide it gets rid of all bugs before the bug destroys your crop. Also, there is a one percent cost of a billion dollars each month. When people use pesticide there are ways to prevent them from getting sick just by washing hands and not using it as a toy.  People might not like having  spray on my crops right before they eat them. Plus, pesticides can make people sick, and can even get people cancer. Also, pesticide does not clean the crop it destroys it. This is what some people might say of the opposing side to pesticide. Farmers should use pesticide on your crop because if farmers think about it they have a clean crop instead of one all full of bugs and diseases. If farmers do not use it, bugs will be inside your food right when people put it in your mouth. Bugs enjoy your food when people do not use pesticide and you will enjoy your crops when you use pesticide. Each day go out and spray your crops to keep them clean and to make you and your family healthy and safe. Do you want that to be you or not?