Saving the Environment | Teen Ink

Saving the Environment

October 11, 2015
By jknevels BRONZE, Overland Park, Kansas
jknevels BRONZE, Overland Park, Kansas
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was two years ago when I had an eye opening experience that showed me how humans are taking advantage of our world.  My family and I were driving to California for our summer vacation.  I enjoyed looking out the window of our rented minivan and seeing the mountains. As we were riding along the highway, I saw people polluting the environment.  Some threw items out of the window while driving.  Others left trash on the ground at rest stops.  Still others placed recyclable items like plastic bottles inside trash cans. 

 

This experience showed me I should finding ways to keep our earth clean.  It changed the way I viewed the environment.   We can no longer take advantage of the environment thinking it will stay clean by itself.  No we must take this situation of stopping pollution to the next level and find solutions.

 

One solution to stop pollution is to put trash in trash cans.  This helps to keep our earth beautiful. Take a plastic bag with you on your long car rides. Place all your napkins, gum wrappers, and others items you want to get rid of in the plastic bag.  Then you can throw away the plastic bag, with all your trash inside, when you get to a rest stop.

 

Another solution to stop pollution is to tell others about the benefits of recycling.  Instead of throwing away plastic bottles, place them in the recycling bin. That way our landfills will not be over flowing. Recycling also helps to preserve our resources.

 

In conclusion, we have to stop taking advantage of our world. We must keep the environment clean. If we do not stop polluting, the world we know today will not be here in the future.