PETRICHOR | Teen Ink

PETRICHOR

By anurima53 BRONZE, Kolkata, Other
anurima53 BRONZE, Kolkata, Other

Greta Thunberg aims to change how food is produced. Yes, you heard it correct. We are living in such menacing and speculative times that we have to learn the ways of restoration of our various ecosystems and the threats to our treasured clime from the noble and challenging words of an eighteen year old Swedish child activist. Our Earth is not what it once used to be, with deliberate men, women and children, who would make righteous use of the nourishment provided by our Mother Nature, who looked after the exquisite flora and fauna and took gentle care of the creatures that once walked the surface of this verdant planet.

When the Almighty created the human species, he expected and desired that we would look after the wonders of his ravishing and beguiling creations. Little did our maker know that his creations would one day become the cause of the disastrous state that our Earth exists in at this moment. Humans have been born, bleed and lived here for centuries and turned out to be formidable. We have become ignorant, unappreciative and demanding to the resources that have been offered to us on a platter, ready at our disposal. How many times do you pray to God and thank him for the great fortune that he has offered to us?

We have never given it a thought that protecting the environment is a win-win for the Earth as well as for mankind. Sports personalities as the Green Crusaders remind us what it is like to plant trees, adopt and nurture them and to watch them grow and become fully fledged trees. They spread the importance and create awareness about the depleting fossil fuels by motivating peer groups participation.

We the members of the youth are all Eco-warriors who fight today for the betterment of our Earth tomorrow. The pleas of the children will be the voice that will scream above mountaintops and echo in the minds of people who will further demolish this land. We are the Green Pockets of hope and we will terminate all those traits which will further exhaust our world. We will speak through our deeds and our actions before it is too late. Before every glacier melts, before all tigers are extinct, before all the rivers are dried up. Before humanity realizes that it was a gross mistake to take nature for granted. So rise and act, starting now.

-Thank you

Greetings of the day to you. My name is Anurima, I'm a 16 year old student from India with a keen interest in writing and reading wonders. I'm curently studying in the eleventh standard in Delhi Public School. My love and passion from writing stretches long back to the time I was a mere 8 year old when I used to write song jingles and mini poems and Harry Potter fan fiction. I have also published a poetry book titled, "My mind, my body and other plantes of the universe". Working for Teen Ink will be an honor and matter of utmost gratitude. Thank you