Why I don't Hate Justin Bieber | Teen Ink

Why I don't Hate Justin Bieber

By Tobias BRONZE, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Tobias BRONZE, Tulsa, Oklahoma

"I decide who offends me."- Klaus Kinski

Some of the hate I've heard is for many reasons, that I can't all name. But here are some I've heard the most:

1) He has no talent.
2) He's acts and looks like a twelve year old.
3) He got famous off of youtube and didn't really do anything to earn his fame.
4) He's gay.
5) You can't go five steps without seeing his face on something.
6) He sings about love but doesn't know what it is.
7) He doesn't write his own songs even.

I'm not going to say 'if he had no talent he wouldn't be famous', mostly because anyone can get famous for nothing. Also what is his target audience? Who is he mainly trying to entertain? Now I do know some teenagers who like his music, but I've noticed it seems his main audience is girls thirteen and younger. I've heard he tries to appeal to all ages and genders, but I think his main audience is young teen girls, and preteen girls. So I'm wondering, if I were the age of his target audience maybe I'd like him more? I mean most of the complaining I've heard is from people my age or older. In short people who are not his target audience's age. So as far as talent goes, it's a matter of preference and keeping the main target happy, which he does.

And the thing about how he 'looks like a twelve yea old' so what? He looks young for his age, celebrities are always injecting their faces with chemicals to stay youthful looking. They wear huge amounts of make up to look younger than they are. In show biz, who does want to look their age? Also a lot of teens look younger than they are, even I do in the right light. It's not that much of a big deal. So other than that, people have said he's immature, and acts like a twelve year old too. What teenage boy doesn't? Just about every guy my age, acts stupid and immature and silly 95% percent of the time. Sometimes more than that. It's just playing around.

Then there's the argument, he got famous off youtube and didn't do anything to earn his fame. I said before it's easy to get famous, talent or no talent, and people have gotten famous for a lot less. What about that Chocolate Rain guy? He was a college student with a very deep voice, and all he did was sing a song and post it on youtube. Then after a few million views he was one CNN and being asked on talk shows to sing it. I'm not saying there is something wrong with that, but he was famous for a while, due to youtube. And what about Charlie Bit My Finger? Yeah that was cute (one of the other appeals of Justin Bieber is his cuteness, by the way), but it was just normal stuff. Just two little boys, two brother playing around in front of the camera. It's funny, and adorable, but it's also what would be featured on America's Funniest Home Videos too. Yet just about everyone knows what your talking about if you say 'Charlie bit me...and it hurt' . Fame from youtube, people are always getting famous for a little while or longer due to youtube. So Justin Bieber gets a recording contract from popularity on youtube, so what? We let talentless people have their own realities shows. Whether you think he has talent or not, Bieber dances, sings, and can apparently play a few instruments well. So at least he uses his fame and does something instead of just sitting on his butt for twenty-five minutes in between commercials. People have gotten famous for less.

I'm not going to spend too much time on number four. I've really only heard this comment from boys more immature then people claim Bieber to be. And it's probably the most immature and pathetic argument against him. Wether whoever says this means, homosexual gay, or loser gay, still that has to be the lowest reason you can give for hating Bieber, or anyone else. I can't explain that any other way, then your own immaturity really shines if you are asked why you don't like someone and the only, or first, answer you give is 'he/she is gay'. If you have to then you've really hit the bottom.

Then people say you can't go five steps without seeing his face on something. Be it books, magazines, shirts, purses, etc. I do agree, it seems like his face has gotten on everything. What about Beetle Mania in the 1960s? I guess someone could argue, that the Beetles were good and had talent and things like that. But I've noticed a lot of praise comes from people who were teenagers or younger at the time the Beetles came out. For them The Beetles have talent and are good, but their parents or older people most likely reacted to the Beetles like how a lot of people react to Bieber. Girls would faint when they walked by, there has been need for crowd control at Bieber's concerts. Decades from now there is going to be another singing and dancing preteen idol, and the girls who love Bieber now, will say to their kids or grand-kids, that kid has no talent. Bieber Fever, Beetle Mania, it's all the same in every generation. Just different people.

Number six, I'm at odd with somewhat. I mean I haven't hear that too much, but I'll just say who isn't singing love songs these days? Love songs probably make the most money, and everyone sings about it. Now matter the genre, age or gender. I've only hear this argument a few times, but still, so what if he sings about love and he's too young to know what love really is. Rappers are always singing about have sex with girls and from their lyrics, even if they are older, I doubt they know what love is ,whether they write their own lyrics or not.

Number seven, a lot of singers don't. It's not really that big of a deal, is it? It's great when singers write their own stuff, but they're mostly getting paid to sing the material. If they don't write their own songs, big deal. It may be a big deal to a lot of people, but really, is it worth hating someone? A lot of singers don't write their own songs

And I think another main reason, which I didn't list, is because it's popular. We always hear cracks about Bieber. It's popular to hate him, to dislike him. I never heard one of his songs, and I probably never will with everyone ripping about how stupid his voice is. And I'm probably not the only one. It's popular to love him, even more popular to hate him.

And I've got to hand it to Bieber, unlike a few douche singers and performers he seems to genuinely care about his fans. I remember he made a surprise visit to a little girl that cried for him. He seems to really care about the fans, so I've got to give him props for that.

I know there are many other points I probably haven't touched, but those were the main complaints against him. I've heard rumors he's a brat, and I've heard rumors he's nice and laid back, so that's a bit of a draw. But the only excuse I have for not liking Justin Bieber, is his genre of music doesn't appeal to me. Other than that I have no reason to.

I'm not a Bieber Fan, but I'm getting tired of people always putting him down, opinion or not, what's the big deal?

Remm said...
on Nov. 7 2011 at 12:05 am
Justin bieber's song are annoying! Especially that Baby song. Plus most(is not all) his fans ARE pre teen or teen girls.But im a teen and i hate him.(YES, i am a girl). But the main reason i hate hims is because of his fan girls. they are so annoying!~ >.<"

on Feb. 24 2011 at 2:59 pm
LoveTravelTell GOLD, Leftoverthere, Florida

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in my, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24.

I agree. I love Justin Bieber. He does what every artist should do- please his fans. He's got a great fan base and he's definitely got talent. He works hard and deserves a great deal of respect. I think the Biebs is inspiring, and deserves the publicity he has received. It's not like he puts his face on a purse. People love him and that's it. I don't understand why someone else's love could make you hate a person.

Good argument.