Drugs: Why pregnant women should stop taking drugs and the effects of drugs | Teen Ink

Drugs: Why pregnant women should stop taking drugs and the effects of drugs

By Jasmine S BRONZE, Washington, District Of Columbia
Jasmine S BRONZE, Washington, District Of Columbia

Drugs: Why Pregnant women should stop taking drugs and how the drugs affect them.
Most women in the world take drugs for many reasons and cannot control themselves long enough to stop doing the drugs.
I believe that taking drugs of any type while your pregnant is a very critical and dangerous choice that should not be done under any circumstances. I know that people take drugs in order to relieve themselves for many reasons but I know that there are better ways to get your stress off for instance you can exercise and you can also just keep yourself busy so that you will not have time to even think about doing the drugs or have the feeling that you need to do the drugs.

There is also the option of trying rehab if you've already tried everything else that you can think of to better yourself and etc. I know that its hard to stop yourself from doing the drugs when there is nothing to really hold you back but i'm asking you to please stop and think will this really help? Another option is to just think about how you doing the drugs will affect and increase the chance of you having an unhealthy baby also just knowing that there is such a great chance for you to lose your child before it is even born all because you wanted to do drugs will stay with you just about forever .

The causes for women taking drugs while pregnant is that the mother could be being forced to take the drugs from someone that is giving them a lot of peer pressure. There is also the possibility that the mom simply does not want her child to be healthy and etc. The effects on the child from the drugs is that the child will be mentally unstable and or physically unstable and etc.
If this is the case the child may have slim chance on graduating and getting a degree and etc if the problem is very serious. Then that will also be something to think about.There are a good few bright sides to taking drugs but only when they are herbs that are used only for healing or cleaning out your body in some way.
There are drugs and are out there that are only used for healing the body for example the anti-inflammatory is a drug, used to treat conditions such as arthritis. Instead of taking drugs you should try those types of herbs and or drugs.There is also the option of taking different types of medicines. Medicine can influence you physically by using the power of your thoughts and emotions.
Healing herbs are like medicine to, Healing herbs mostly come from plants.For example the natural herbs that can be taken in by the digestive system come from plants these plants help you with many things but the drugs that are not good for you like tobacco and marijuana are not the type of drugs that you should take. Drugs like marijuana can lead to death, early death,disease, and misfortune in many other ways as well .
This is why I do not believe that its the best choice to take drugs not only pregnant women but everyone . I know for a fact that no one should take drugs to begin with because once you start is becomes very hard each time you do it to stop yourself from continuing because of the rush that people get from taking the drugs. In conclusion I believe that women and people around the world should stop doing drugs.

I choose to write this book on drugs because I strongly believe that no one should do drugs because drugs can really harm you in many ways and it can even kill you id your body is not strong enough to handle the drugs.

on Dec. 8 2016 at 1:41 pm
mariarivera SILVER, Sacramento, California

" Dont cry because its over. Smile because it happened" - Dr.Seuss

This is really true. Hope these women can change.

Person said...
on Nov. 13 2015 at 6:16 am
Teenage sex is wrong! I hear a lot of people in teenage years brag about how much they had sex, apparently its normal! What? Its normal for teenagers to be sexualy active now in this messed up world? Im glad my mum taught me better.
Today last period a girl talked about her plans. She said she was going to her boyfriends house, going to join him in a shower then fuck him for the 4th time. She said about how he played with her vagina during recess and said he has fingured her 8 times. She had to get a rod to avoid pregnancy.
This is just one example. Another topic is teenagers and drugs too. Yeah she was bragging about how high she gets too.
Ok now heres my argument.
If you think its ok for teenagers to have sex you honestly need to wake the hell up!
First off, a teenager is too young to make life threatening and changing decisions. What if they were to get a disease? Sure that can happen to anyone, but as a teenager it is more likely to spread on a not fully matured person. And what about pregnacy. Teenagers of 12 to 16 with a baby? No it is a lot harder than you think. Who will quit school to baby sit? Or will they dump the baby with their parents so the baby will be confused and disgusted with he/she's selfish parents.
Second of all, sex is meant for adults because they are old enough to deal with a baby, and they are mature enough to have sex with someone they know they will love. Sure some people sleep around but if they get a girl pregnant they can handle the consequences. But fora teen sleeping around is slutty and wrong because they dont know who theyove yet. What if he had sex then dumped you? You just had sex with him and now you move on to the next you slut. What if when you finaly have a child they find out how much their parents had been sleeping around? They are going to think its ok and next minute you will have a grandchild 20 years younger than you.
I know i might sound like in picking wkrse case scenario, but it is true. You are not mature enough to handle a life changing decision, the risk of getting a disease is more than twice of that it is to an adult, and yout virginity is a sacred gift to give to your spouse.
This brings me to another topic i quickly want to follow. Thats the hijab and burqa. Islamic women wear that to protect their virginity. Ask 10 Muslim women if they had sex before 16 all will say no. Now ask 10 other women same question all will say yes. The hijab is not sexist. Its a tradition practiced for cleanliness, and if you cant watch your kid think that hijab is normal, at least those muslims kept their virginity sacred and are not as slutty as half the women are now.
Teenage sex is wrong. You are not old enough to make that decision and if you dare tell me that it is none of my business you need to grow up! Apparently its normal to bully 12 year old kids because they haven't had sex yet. And you bragging about how many guys you slept with, impacts everyone because they start thinking its normal, then the majority of people think that it is a good idea to have sex. You bragging affects everyone. Have sex, you get pregnant, dont lie to your kid, you get an std, good luck to you, he dumps you, get over the heartache.

rivethc said...
on Nov. 13 2015 at 6:05 am
TThanks for this

wanda said...
on Nov. 13 2015 at 5:12 am
iam pregnant and iam addicted to drugs and wanna stop but need help to stop doin i wanna have a healthy baby girl but really need council