Blue Magic | Teen Ink

Blue Magic

By Haven Lyndon BRONZE, Ormond Beach, Florida
Haven Lyndon BRONZE, Ormond Beach, Florida

When asked how I feel,

If by cigarettes you mean the largest unthought-of pollutant of all lungs innocent and young, the helpless attachment with the new found glory, the addiction that spreads like cancer to any brave soul to try, the black gunk that sticks to your ribs and hugs your lungs, the monster that seeks and hides deeper and deeper into the body with every inhale, the purified poison that takes free minds captive, the small box that lets you starve taking every last penny, the inch long stick that destroys independent will and kills bright eyes, then yes, I am of course against them.

But, if by cigarettes you mean the one true draw of pure relief, the inhale and exhale that bonds old friends and embraces new, the puffs that float off the tongue as remembrance of months gone by and better times hop off the lips of each taker, the creators of mini clouds filled with nothing but brief blissful moments and breaths of hallelujah, the tightly tucked away sticks that each owner holds nearest and dearest to their hearts, sticks white as snow promising pure escape from emotions you just can’t face, the last dose of life willingly given up for moments of peace, then yes, I am of course for them.

All a matter of perspective and opinion, it’s the magic that makes the world spin round.