The Monster | Teen Ink

The Monster

By Kayseababy143 SILVER, Torrington, Connecticut
Kayseababy143 SILVER, Torrington, Connecticut

Drown me in the sorrow, drown me in the pain, and drown me in the self confidence you've ever let me gain.

Life was great before I met the monster. He became my best friend and I became his. He introduced me into his friends and I did the same. Before I knew it I couldn't go a day without them. They became a part of me I couldn't leave behind. My mind became unfunctional without them by my side.Soon after I began to wonder how my life would be without them after I had already pushed everyone out of the way just to get to them. I began to question myself. Could my life ever be the same again without them? I start to walk away slowly but they came sprinting after me begging me to stay. It was like mental bars trapped me and my motivation was taken away. I looked around for someone to save me, but it was already too late. Everyone was done with the lies that been told. There I was, stuck with no way out. Im on another journey with them now, they've got me with their smiles, laughs and all. I can't blame anyone else but myself for all my future journeys im about to take. One day i'll surrender I kept telling myself, but as I looked up at the stars in the sky; reality began running through the sky and dropped down to my heart, telling me to go home that it was all over.