My Vex Of Drug Abuse | Teen Ink

My Vex Of Drug Abuse

November 30, 2009
By brooke95 BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
brooke95 BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
by Samuel G. " Abuse is the weapon or vulgar."


I despise drug abuse to the highest limit. I dislike everything about it- the after effects, smells, consequences, chemical reactions, taste, color, usage, insides of the drug, the drug itself, and most of all what it can do to you. Abusing drugs leads to an unstable and un normal life with serious complications.
I can admit that I am one of those types of people that will do anything to prevent drug abuse. Drug abuse alone has a high ranking in America. Facts show that between the ages of 18-25, over 35.6% of people abuse drugs daily. Everyday teens get pressured into doing the drugs which turn into abusing drugs, or commit to abusing drugs because they think it’s cool.
By abusing such a thing, can mess up your functioning to a sever point. When you decide to commit to this harmful desire, it can lead to recurring drug-related legal problems. Also commonly leads to poor health and mental health. This can cause someone to talk incorrectly, or make inappropriate remarks. This could possibly make you unstable.
Abusing drugs to make you feel remarkable is no accomplishment. Drug abuse is like snake venom that kills you slowly. Like Samuel G. quotes “Abuse is the weapon of the vulgar.” Drug abuse can affect numerous things in your life. It affects your work, ability, school attendance, and grades. It can cause you to sell everything you strived for; also it can make you steal from your school, home, and job.
Using D.A for a long period of time can easily become drug dependency. Along with it being a dependency, it can be physical, and make your appearance quit noticeable. From my observation, being noticed in a negative way draws people back and makes you unwelcoming. When given inappropriate and frequent mood swings, angry out bursts, or suspicious & secretive behavior can cause depression, exhaustion, and hopelessness.
Abusing drugs is like pulling the trigger and waiting to die. Every day I would ask myself why do people make ignorant moves, and what cause them to do this horrific action? I think people need to get up and ask themselves, do you want to waste your life? Would you risk everything for a drug? If I was this position I would start over and began to travel on the right path. I would say to myself the “it’s time for me to do it on my own” quote from Whitney Houston.
Not being on drugs has opened up opportunities for me. I have realized that being heavily sedated, and not able to act normal, makes that person unreal. As some say choose your actions wisely and think before you act. In my time, I have seen people abuse drugs. When they abuse this deadly creation, it’s like they are submerged into a dark grey cloud of toxic drug. Once they are in, they can’t flee from the situation because they have use abused the drugs for so long they can’t escape.
It seems like teens abuse drugs to make them feel good, to be cool, or get pressured into it, but it doesn’t matter who your with or where you are, all that matters is the final choice you make and the consequences that you will have to live with later. It seems ridiculous, has no values no true importance that can offer to life. Despite what people say different abusing drugs is life threading. Just like Samuel G. quoted “Abuse is the weapon of the vulgar.”


The author's comments:
what inspired me to write this peice wasseeing teens watse their life on something as pathetic as drug Abuse.