Is Charlie a Guy or Gal? (2016 IS Sexist) | Teen Ink

Is Charlie a Guy or Gal? (2016 IS Sexist)

By mayme BRONZE, Abudhabi, Other
mayme BRONZE, Abudhabi, Other

Mr. Jones was holding an interview to employ a mechanical engineer. As he was checking the CV he saw a little note that was apparently attached by mistake. It was the diary of Charlie Smith, the interviewer supposing he was a guy, a guy who really wanted to be a mechanical engineer, but his father’s disease had not stopped him from fulfilling his dream. Charlie would be caring for his sick father and studying for his exams while also working in his father’s auto-mobile workshop to get some income for his family. Charlie was able to be the First graduate of his college. On the day of the interview, A girl entered the interview room. It was actually a girl! Charlie wasn’t a boy, he was a girl! Mr. Jones thought about it for a while, should he employ a girl for the job, will she be able to sustain all the company’s needs? Does he reject her, for she is a girl? He thought about it, and didn’t what to reject, as she was a strong, and hardworking girl. Mr. Jones congratulated her and told her that she will be successful, that she is best for the job. Note: Let’s get out of this sexist life; let’s give women a piece of the cake, because they deserve it. Women are not dumb, and they are up to the job, besides if they know how to cook, teach, sing, and be good moms, the they will know how to do every other thing you don’t expect. 

This is my message to sexists. Stop. All people are created equal men and women. You have no right to prefer a gender on the other.