Racism Still Happening | Teen Ink

Racism Still Happening

By babyrissa212 SILVER, Boca Raton, Florida
babyrissa212 SILVER, Boca Raton, Florida

Racism is a form of cruelty used to another person and their background.People may have thought this ended many years ago, but what they don't know is that it is still going on today.It occurs in jobs,school,and public areas.Many don't know that racism is very hurtful and can cause alot of issues. For example, alot of teens in my school us racist jokes and say crude things to others that harm them and mess with their emotions.This isn't right and it really needs to end.People do not realize the intensity and affect it can have on the people that are victoms.This cruelty has to stop and we need to learn respect and see the affects we make on others.

Jazzy said...
on Oct. 12 2009 at 6:06 am
Jazzy, Stickney, Illinois

Running will get you no were so don\'t hide from it.

I personally experienc racisim.my boyfriends mother dosen't like me.See i'm mixed i'm african american,polish,and mexican.All she sees in me is being african americanshe hates me becauseof the color of my skin.My boyfriend dosen't care.He said as long as he likes me that matters.Oh there mexican by the way.I've never been hated before,so it really hurts to hear someone not like me because of the color of my skin.Now me and my boyfriend have been going out for three years so its good.

on Oct. 10 2009 at 4:34 pm
PurpleFeather BRONZE, Canton, Connecticut

"The pen is mightier than the sword." - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

yeah. have you noticed that whenever there are black ppl on disney and nick and stuff (IF there r any at all), they either act stupid and/or r overweight? they r racist, but in a subtle way

on Oct. 1 2009 at 9:13 am
Yourahypebeast-.- BRONZE, Inglewood, California

Your a hypbeast.
-Dantley Brown

I do agree, rascism is still alive. Although rascism is alive it has improved in ways anyone cannot imagine. In actuallity, most rascism comes from steryotypes and sterytypes come from sterotype engines such as: The News, Disney, ESPN, and espacially BET and MTV. Not only that common rascism has become more broad than before.

on Sep. 13 2009 at 9:09 pm
CelticThundeGurl SILVER, Benson, North Carolina

"It is time for us to realize that we are too great a nation to limit ourselves to small dreams."

- Pres. Ronald Reagan

I agree that racism is wrong and should be stopped. Some political people use the term racism for helping them rally support and this is also wrong. Racism is not just from white people towards black people. It is also when black people are racist towards white people. If you are to be treated equal, treat others equally too.