Black Lives Matter | Teen Ink

Black Lives Matter

April 26, 2021
By Anonymous

A lot has happened since April 4, 1968, when Martin Luther King Jr died he was a great social rights activist. He had a dream I quote ¨I have a dream today! I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low. The rough places will be plain and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.” MLK believed that the world would have peace that we would all be united of all colors not divided because of them. We should not judge others, we should learn from them. MLK fought for human rights for African Americans. Life can be a challenge I say but if we do not make a change it will no longer be a challenge but it will be like the civil war all over again just with racism, not slaves. It's like saying one person’s house is on fire they call the ambulance the ambulance gets here then the neighbors go ¨ what about me my house is right next door to the house that is on fire ¨ What would you do if the firefighter stopped what he was doing just to help the neighbor, the other family will die because of that neighbor. Many people thought things would change especially if it's been 51 years since MLK died. Instead, it's gotten worse I can only think of how the families that have lost someone have changed them make them think that there is no hope, but there is if we make a change if we care. I used to think if we don't have peace then we don't have justice, but then I figured out that we can change it we just have to want it. We can stick together and make a change just like MLK did we have to build a better place to make all feel welcome and strong knowing that every day goes by and we feel safe to know that we will not die today because there is a change. After all, we stood up for ourselves. I believe right now can be the start of a new life a new beginning. 


The author's comments:

I'm just a teenage girl looking for a change.