Beauty Is Not One | Teen Ink

Beauty Is Not One

By hchak BRONZE, Dearborn, Michigan
hchak BRONZE, Dearborn, Michigan

All of us were wired to believe that there is a perfect version for everything. We want to have the perfect everything, but what is perfect and why does everyone want to try and make a perfect something. The "perfect" you know today was only started by one trend, one person decided to do. This one person has really influenced us to believe that there is some idea of perfect, which clearly also carried on to many other generations. You are only to look like yourself and nobody else, that is the beauty of all the different shapes, sizes, textures, skin tones, facial features, and most importantly personalities. I pretty much grew up feeling like I needed to look a certain way, this really affected my mental health for a while and it’s just not right that generations in the future will also grow up the same way. We can not change the way everyone thinks, but we can start somewhere. You are your own perfect and you are not “supposed” to look like anything.  Just because some people follow the wire of society and want you to match their perspective of beauty, that does not make it right and factual. There is not one image of beauty, but there are  7.3 billion and counting.

As a girl, I am told many times that I should look a certain way and I only have one response to that, a short summary of what I have to say is this article.