Together We Can Make A Difference | Teen Ink

Together We Can Make A Difference

March 13, 2018
By A.155 BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
A.155 BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Mr. President:


Why prejudge before you get to know the person? You shouldn't judge how someone lives, dress, or speak. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. had a dream... mine & others are to stop racial profiling. When you think of the saying, "Don't shoot!" you think right away of an African American right? I want to know are you a racist?


"Don't Shoot!" Eric Garner killed for loose cigarettes. " I can't Breathe!" He said over and over, and over again. "Don't Shoot!"-- Michael Brown an unarmed teen. "Don't Shoot!" was the last words of these amazing, powerful, brave soldiers. Those are just two out of many unarmed people that have been shot, beaten, and gunned down. It's not just African Americans-- Hispanic's, and whites also. I don't know if you'll feel the pain of all these deaths and racial profiling of these people, but together, we need to stop racial profiling.  I think you should do a better background check on the police in the United States. 


Jim crow laws? Did you ever hear of them? It still feels like we're living through these times on a repeat button. Now, say it was the other way around Hispanics, and African Americans were racist towards whites. How would you feel Mr. President? Mr. Trump- I think you should do a better background check on the police in the United States. In 2016 there have been 94 Latinos killed by police. But if you think that is bad-  144 African Americans have been killed by police in 2016.  It's getting worse in 2017, the number is 987 people have been killed by police. In 2018 there have been 195 people killed by police alone. This is sad, the year just started. I think you should do a better background check on the police in the United States. "Don’t Shoot!", "Don't Shoot!", "I Can't Breathe!".