Sacramento, My Home | Teen Ink

Sacramento, My Home

By MasiTeenink SILVER, Sacramento, California
MasiTeenink SILVER, Sacramento, California

Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough. -Oprah Winfrey

My Sacramento is full of the smell of donuts. I live on the street of a beautiful park in a two story complex with a dark orange-ish color and enough sun to shine on the neighborhood. What I can do  do is look out of the door and there is all the stores anyone would ever own,  there is  gorgeous Parks you can visit and relax under the trees. Then there is also the museum’s you can also go to learn the history of Sacramento and how it Is one of the best city you can come to and see the thriving  downtown, old downton, the convention center, exciting entertainment, and get 9 months of sunshine. Shop all the fresh organic foods at the  Farmers  Market and be healthy.

That’s that and there is this that no one hears about how homeless people are seeing in every part of block trying to live another day. Everyday you hear  loud sirens pass by, I live in a neighbourhood where windows are broken, doors are shattered and dogs barking day and night that you can barely get any sleep. The next day  you wake up to the smell of garbage and wonder if this is even Sacramento. In my hood feet runs just like doing Track And Field, the thing is they’re not moving to the sound of a starter gun their movements are made from the sirens pursuing  them.

I sometimes think if i'll ever live to adulthood and have some peace.

Just when it couldn’t get better the violence starts to  rise, the people trashing and throwing  graffiti like they don’t care at all, and my Sacramento being one of the top cities in involving human trafficking a lot of countless lives and, speaking of traffic the traffic in Sacramento is terrible with traffic especially in the South. It will take you around twice the amount of time to get to your destination. Overall Sacramento has its Pros and Cons but i would choose Sacramento over any other city.

a class assignemnt essay and issues in my city and problems