Differences | Teen Ink

Differences

January 10, 2018
By BryceHileman BRONZE, Sheffield Village, Ohio
BryceHileman BRONZE, Sheffield Village, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Gays, Lesbians, Africans, Caucasians, Hispanics, Middle Easterners, Indians, Asians, biracial, old, young, obese, anorexic, male, female and midgets are all just forms of discriminations. They are all just labels for a difference. For some reason as the United States grows older discriminations grow to a wider variety of people. If this continues for future this country will fall apart from with in.


Immigration of different ethnic groups to the ‘Land of Opportunity’ is what started the discrimination. In the late seventeen hundreds to the late eighteen hundreds, the racial groups discriminated against were the Native Americans and the African Americans.  Now it has extended to almost all races and nationalities.


People who discriminate among these varying cultures, differing from my own, should remember everyone in this countries was once an immigrant and they were accepted and allowed into this beautiful, free country. All people in this country have the same rights and should be treated as a majority rather than minorities because of their ethnic or religious differences.


If these kind of opinions continue in the future, I hope that people realize that everyone is equal and deserves to be treated fairly. Also, hoping people see Muslims and Saudi Arabian people as real living human and not as terrorists. All these people could have been making a difference in society for the better. My friends are muslims and they are great and one of the most loving, and caring families that I have seen to this day.


In the future, I hope to have all the gender identity and sexuality problems figured out. For example, the public bathrooms they should use or if they should have there own bathrooms. People are picked upon because of their different ideology of love and that should stop because they are people just like us. It should not matter to society if they do not present issues. In terms of marriage I think they should be allowed, in terms of government, but in term of religion it  should be determined by their faith's teachings. It should be like that because there is a separation of church and state.


Men and women have never been treated the same even when the gained suffrage, the right to vote. This to me must be a misunderstanding. Women and Men deserve to be treated the same, given they have the same constitutional rights. Gender should not determine how someone is treated because both women and men have made great improvements.


People always boast about their wealth or lack of wealth. People should be taxed and treated the same. Money does not determine a person's worth to society. A person is worth more than money. A common misunderstanding is the world is about money. Money means nothing when you're dead. Happiness will never leave you.


In all, discrimination is a major and growing problem in the United States of America. This can be fixed by everyone in this country respecting and fairly treating everyone else. We should treat people how we would want to be treated. In all, fixing this problem will make the citizens and country a better environment. Labels do not determine a person's value. Would you rather be happy and discriminate upon or rich and lonely at death? Are you any better than person the next to you? If you think so, you're probably… definitely not.