North Korea | Teen Ink

North Korea

By 2GOOD4U BRONZE, Coconut Creek , Florida
2GOOD4U BRONZE, Coconut Creek , Florida

An immense amount of people throughout the world show fear or worry about what's going on in with all the devastating or catastrophic events that are occurring.  One of the main concerns people have is North Korea.  Nearly 9 hours ago North Korea sent a frightening letter out to Australia.  It was revealed from CNN stating “ In an open letter addressed to parliaments in a number of countries, North Korea has declared itself a "full-fledged nuclear power" and accuses US President Donald Trump of "trying to drive the world into a horrible nuclear disaster."When I first saw this it made chills go down my spine. 

Also something else that really scared me was when I look at an article that titled “North Korea Test Firing Missiles”. It showed me a big photo of one of their 30 for heat sinking missiles taking launching.  I also saw an article that showed “Preparing for North Korea's Final Step.” I think that as a country we will be prepared for anything that could possibly happen, if it were a missile attack, nuclear threat, or even a Fallout.  Also Newsweek states that “North Korea's latest Hwasong-14 ICBM, equipped with a nuclear warhead about as powerful as the one used by the U.S. military against the Japanese city of Hiroshima in 1945, could perhaps deliver what would be by far the deadliest attack in the history of the U.S., and have warned that the military is not properly equipped to counter it.” 
One of these missles could potentially wipe out an area as big as New York and who knows the how far the radiation could reach from a missile like this.  All of us should always be prepared and ready if something this terrible could happen and we should always be on high alert.