A Free World...? | Teen Ink

A Free World...?

June 6, 2016
By erlis_h SILVER, Tirana, Other
erlis_h SILVER, Tirana, Other
5 articles 0 photos 2 comments

America has been known as a symbol for freedom throughout the world for many years. They have been the world power and have helped countries in need of aid. But is all that about to change because of their possible future president, Donald Trump? Donald Trump’s campaign talks about “making America great again”. He has proposed to ban all non-citizen muslims from America, including all illegal immigrants such as a large majority of Mexicans.
According to CNN, Donald Trump in an interview stated, “I think Islam hates us.” During the first few months of his presidential campaign, Trump took extreme measures and wishes for what he would do if he became president of America. He called all muslims terrorists and believes that people with that amount of hatred against the States should not be allowed to enter the country. As time passed and more people started to vote for Trump and believe in what he was saying, Trump’s wishes for America became less extreme. He began to say that not all muslims are terrorists but “we still do not know who is who”.


Trumps proposition to ban muslims from the States was announced after a shooting in California by two muslim men which left 14 people dead, many more injured and an attempted bombing (Sunday Express). According to a poll by The Intercept, 51 percent of Americans agree with Donald Trump’s idea of banning muslims from coming into the United States.


This plan of Donald Trump is not only illegal, but it is racist. Paul Ryan, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, stated that Donald Trump’s new law is against the law itself. It is breaking the first and fifth amendments. If Donald Trump did infact win the elections for president, and the new ban was put in act, it would affect millions of people. People from all classes in society, from celebrities to the poor. Famous people like Zayn Malik, Dr. Oz, Malala Yousafzai, the eighteen year old Nobel Prize winner would be affected by the new law. Many other Islamic believers around the world, such as myself, who have hopes of going to America for university and college, may not be able to get the education they desire due to Trump.


Muslims are not the only people who are being discriminated against. Trump proposed to deport all illegal Mexican immigrants from America. But that’s not all. He also proposed to build a wall on the Mexican-American border just so Mexicans do not illegally try to get in the country. Not only has Donald Trump proposed to build a wall to keep Mexicans out of the States, but he has also made many racist comments against them also; “When Mexico sends their people, they’re not sending their best. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists.”
Donald Trump is the runner-up candidate for president for the republican party. As soon as he announced his campaign, he took extreme measures against many people and religions. He proposed to ban the entry of muslims in America so there are no more problems with terrorists in the States. Unfortunately, a majority of Americans agreed with Trump’s preposition against the Islamic believers. He also took action against Mexican immigrants and called them rapists and criminals. Besides this, Trump’s solution to this problem was to build a border on the Mexican-American border.