When my nation took a bloodbath. | Teen Ink

When my nation took a bloodbath.

April 4, 2016
By Rohann SILVER, Lucknow, Iowa
Rohann SILVER, Lucknow, Iowa
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Give your heart to love and hands to serve.


“Everyone’s worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there’s really an easy way: Stop participating in it.”
Noam Chomsky


Isn’t it gruesome to grasp the fact that only a night before you were in your bed engaged in your nonviolent rendezvous with the attention grabbing mental conflicts about the fore coming examinations and the next morning you are a part of the chaos down street clasping your sister’s hand in the midst of despair and anxious thoughts, the flame from the bombings nearby resembling the anti-god fiend who has set foot to sabotage the concord of a once known land of free. With the muddled intellect and morbid perception it will be conspicuously difficult for the being to stand still. The only path which seems safe after watching a woman shot dead in her backyard and her missing girl of 13, will be the dreadful way of flee and abscond. Well to many it may seem as a metaphor for an ordeal but the Syrian spirits enjoyed the show for free.


Yes I’m addressing the very villainous Syrian conflicts which have left a lifetime impression of lurid memories in the minds of those who dealt with it, especially the women and those grinning petals of incorruptibility which have generated no harm, the kids. Have you ever pondered that if you would have acquired the position of any of these kids what would you have done, seeing your mother snatched, harassed sexually and stabbed brutally. Hadn’t it been outrageous if you were acquainted to discriminatory exploitation? The ongoing extreme cruelties of the rebel groups in Syria have dehydrated the incredibly passive core of once kind Syria.  Not only the natives but the national heritage too has endured the sordid blemishes and the facets of keen annihilation of this callous malice. Women are among the nastiest victims of this mind-bogglingly merciless act of this war. The men of the family are taken, killed, beheaded, vehemently deposited in the army or are “dragged to far off places” as exclaimed by many. Envisage a sickening state of affairs where the father doesn’t return once taken and your sister is physically abused for entertainment by the soldiers of deceased soul and putrid flesh and the mother lies pale of bearing the agonizing assault. Well the Syrian sons, some of which are left, experienced this in a fulfilling manner. The question raised mustn’t be ‘has humanity died? ‘But ought to be ‘did humanity ever altered the spirit of virtue less people?’ The nations can go on quarreling over injudicious agendas which at all times ends in the pale massacre of millions but none among this bunch of economies would prefer to wrestle the cause with integrity and righteous policies because evidently this would bear no fruit for them. In this dreadful life moderating era of diminishing sane manifestations mankind would once more have to be tough to actually endeavor its victory. None except the ones who really have witnessed it can comprehend the twinge of being deprived of a nation, of an identity, the pain of leaving one’s abode in the middle of the night with the only piece of attire which would be their last assets, the ache of losing a brother, a father , a mother or a sister.  Living as refugees in a country which isn’t your own did saved the life of millions but failed in the provision of mental stability and emotional peace. The refugee camps undoubtedly gave them a secure place to reside and eat but stole their very cause to live. Like these the stories of hundreds lie untold like the refugee who stayed in the airport for almost a year because of the inability to attain entry in neighboring nation.


The conclusion of this article may fail to describe each accurate component of the war but have emphasized the sheer truth of the possibility of the presence of vindictiveness a community of present era homo sapiens could seize due to lose ethics and disillusioned virtues. The eradication of terrorism will occur but only with complete removal of bizarre anti-feminist activities. The world can never suffice the desires of all and will undoubtedly never take a pause in breeding frightful challenges to be faced by the naive but the mutual and united exertion of those radicalized rationales who believe in nurturing and rejuvenating the human life by prospering the women population rather than mere transforming people into totalitarians commanding others, will make a difference.


The author's comments:

The other day when I heard about the tremendous increase in he sexual assault of the women, I speculated it be as inhospitable as it always is but later it displayed its most evil facet. This led to the ever increasing urge and persuation in me to write this article.