Taxes, Taxes, Taxes! | Teen Ink

Taxes, Taxes, Taxes!

March 26, 2016
By CherryJubilee PLATINUM, Fort Lee, New Jersey
CherryJubilee PLATINUM, Fort Lee, New Jersey
21 articles 2 photos 1 comment

People all over the world face this very issue and must confront it, instead of cowering behind their walls. However, with so many people unwilling to take charge of the problem, this serious issue might never have a solution. Taxes are a subject that is very important to the people of the United States. The economy is slowly failing as time goes by and possibly, it could collapse many, many years later. We’d join the dead empires and kingdoms of the ancient world.
     

Taxes-everybody tenses or sighs when they hear this word. All countries are different, but there’s one thing that the entire world shares-taxes. Taxes are that one thing that the world genuinely agrees on. Taxes, taxes, taxes- something all politicians talk about. They promise they’ll lower the taxes, help the poor, and then the jackpot answer-rich people will pay more. But is that really the solution in taxes-something so big of an issue? The way I see it, is that taxes create extra money to improve the government. No person should pay more or less than others.
     

The Constitution clearly states that all people should be equal, no matter the color, race, or religion. Everyone is equal and has a say in the government. If rich people pay more, the people aren’t truly equal. Why should people pay even more money than others? I understand that they do have more money, however, this money is money they earned. Money is a sensitive topic, however, taxes are necessary to keep up the economy and government.  Wealthy people  are human beings too and shouldn’t pay more than other because leaders can’t find any other solution. In my humble opinion, people should just lower taxes. An acceptable number that is affordable and convenient for the poor, middle class, and rich. No person should give up more than they already do just because the government cannot think of a worthy resolution. America is the home of freedom, justice, and equality.


The author's comments:

Aren't we all supposed to be the same? Why do people have to pay taxes more than others?