Terrorism: A Deadly Disease | Teen Ink

Terrorism: A Deadly Disease

By NandiniK SILVER, Dalhousie, Other
NandiniK SILVER, Dalhousie, Other

Recently, the world witnessed some dreadful and vicious deeds of the terrorists. This is a burning issue and needs immediate attention. The ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) claims that their religion directs them to safeguard it and do anything to spread it in the whole world. What is the fun to establish an Islamic state in the world? I firmly believe that no religion in this world can be so inhumane. ISIS is not spreading its Islam but taking shelter under the name of this religion and in simple words, blaming the religion for its deeds. God is a belief and a religion is the way to that belief. Everyone has a different way of believing and snatching it away would result in discontent and more destruction. The word “terrorist” is often associated with Islam. Islam does not teach anyone to enforce violence.
Some of us also assert that terrorists are also humans and they must not be given capital punishment. Isn’t it altogether unfair to the helpless and innocent people who lost their lives? Do the terrorists still deserve sympathy when the sword is hanging on the weaker sections of the society? Do they still deserve mercy after mercilessly killing people all around the globe? The truth is that the weaker countries fear to wrangle with these terrorists. The UNO held ISIS for violating the human rights but no attempt by anyone has been satisfactory to remove terrorism. Another reality is that all of us together can help out the terrorist prone areas by creating awareness that this handful collection of gunned men can do harm unless the people themselves surrender. The main motive of terrorism is to spread terror in the minds of the people who are incapable to help themselves and form an Islamic State in that country. These groups cannot be underrated and they are also not invincible.

While the militarized nations are capable of defending themselves, others still remain unprotected. Terrorists have caused much havoc in the world. Not even little children are spared from their clutches. It is not impossible that in the future even the developed nations can be under its influence. Contrary to that, even the weak nations can make their united efforts successful.

Now the poser arises-“Do the terrorists really deserve mercy?” To set an example to the terrorists, it is essential to give the strictest punishment to them, not to compensate the loss of lives of the people but to prevent any such incident in the future. It might seem to instigate the terrorists to attack but the world can be united and trust their defense systems and not merely deadly armaments. It must always be remembered that they do not belong to any particular religion but are simply hollow metals. Every religion has a pure soul and all humans must be given the right to follow any religion. Terrorism needs to be uprooted and I cannot alone bring about a change. Imagine a peaceful world with no trace of terrorism! No headlines of explosions, deaths, terrorists! This is truly all about making the world a better place to live in.

ellie_LA said...
on Feb. 22 2016 at 11:55 am
a very nice article! spreading awareness about terrorism.