Obama's War, A Terrible Disaster | Teen Ink

Obama's War, A Terrible Disaster

By DjakobUnchained SILVER, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
DjakobUnchained SILVER, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin

"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire" Winston Churchill

The United States of America has returned to war in Iraq this month, though we never really left, to combat the forces of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS). President Barrack Obama authorized the bombing of ISIS targets in Iraq and in Syria on September 11th while promising the American people that no US ground troops will be involved in the conflict. Well now recently President Obama has stated “When the world is threatened, when the world needs help, it calls on America. And we call on our troops.” and it seems that it is an unrealistic and foolish idea that the United States can win a war without getting its hands dirty. The harsh reality is that war isn't clean, its messy, and if this president is as committed to stomping out ISIS as he seems, he'll have to sacrifice hundreds, maybe thousands, of American lives. In my opinion Mr. Obama is well aware that these bombings will lead to a full on ground war and is purposely misleading the American people to gain their support. This war is not what the American people want, its not what the American people need, and its not what the American budget can afford. In short this Third Iraq War will be a disaster for the United States that will only lead to dead sons and daughters and bankrupt treasuries, basically doing the work of ISIS and al-Qaeda for them. 

This is my opinion on an unfortunate war.

Thank you very much.

MicahMorrison GOLD, Washington, DC, District Of Columbia

"It's not too late, it's never too late" -Three Days Grace

I love and couldn't agree more with your opinion on this. I hate the fact that the United States has to be involved with EVEYONE'S internation problems. I understand we are a MAJOR force in the world, but i mean come on. some people need to realize that the United States isn't every countries "father."