NSA and us | Teen Ink

NSA and us

People all over America talk on the phone, for work, relationships, friendships, you name it. Talking about personal things and other delicate matters, but do you really want to know that people are listening to your conversations and reading your texts?
NSA or the National Security Agency says that listening to people’s phones are essential to protecting the people of America. The NSA records cell phone conversations, records them, and then listens to them. So what’s the big deal? The NSA is only trying to protect America from the next new 9/11 attack. Well, yes the NSA is trying to protect people but the agency also violates a lot of laws. The main rule that the NSA violates is the 4th Amendment. “The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized” In other words it’s saying that people have the right to their own property without anyone looking into it without a worthy cause. Which many people do not think that recording cell phones is a worthy reason. Think about it how many people do you think in America is a legit threat, not many. And come on! Listening to people’s cell phone calls is destroying a person’s privacy and it’s also really creepy!

Secondly, what does the NSA do with the cell phone calls after? For all we know they could be saving it for some weird reason. Okay sure, there might be terrorists in America but there's like 1 terrorist in 10,000 normal people, yeah get 1 terrorist throughout all the listening and researching of everyone's phone. That is unacceptable.

The worst part is that the NSA and almost everyone who works in the government are trying to cover up their research and say they know nothing. Edward Snowden released information that the NSA is doing this kind of stuff. It's kind of pathetic how the NSA does this kind of stuff and tries to cover their tracks.

The next time you call or text anyone remember, that someone is recording you and they will and can listen to everything you do.