India for Change | Teen Ink

India for Change

May 1, 2013
By SimranRazdan GOLD, Hyderabad, Other
SimranRazdan GOLD, Hyderabad, Other
10 articles 0 photos 34 comments

As a teenager I often end up thinking what I want to do for the rest of my life.

In what way do I want my life to be productive?

Do I want to live my life for myself or others?

Will I be remembered as myself after I die?

Will I achieve my goals?
These questions revolve around every person's head day in and day out. Admit it or not, the backbone of all these questions zero down to survival and money needed for it. Sometimes I like to imagine a world where money wouldn't be the force driving of the majority of the population today. Where it wouldn't be a craving necessity but just an accessory you could do without. Perhaps the world would have been a kinder place, but then, again, maybe not. At some point or another we Indians always face a choice. Is it your development you seek or the country's?

It's too easy an answer for most of you out there but it ain't so for me.

Though I desire a certain standard of living from my life, I wouldn't mind giving it up if I could bring a change in this country. I am sick of watching people sit and complain of the various shortcomings of the country and do nothing about it. I am sick of having the need to defend my country's weaknesses because they are just too many. I am sick of watching our leaders blow our hard earned money and reading about story after story on India and its corruption. I am sick of the wave of un-patriotism that engulfs me when I come across the list of the poorest countries in the world. Or the most corrupt.

I don't deny the fact that India is an amazing country, I happen to be a hard core patriot. But you just can't escape the feeling of demoralization and disgust that fills every fibre of your being when you come across such news. The solution is not to stop airing such news, but to not let it happen in the first place.

The youth today thinks that politics is frustrating and any person with true intentions and goals would get trampled upon. This is true to a certain degree but beyond that, nobody can stop you from bringing about a change if you really are hard wired into it. I'm not going to stand by and watch my country go to dogs. I am going to do something about it. Alone or with support, I intend to change the face of India and leave my mark on her glorious history. I have a feeling, (I don't know how many of you share it) an instinct that tells me that my generation would be the one to witness this change and see India march into the phase of being a developed country in all her glory.

How long are we supposed to live off the achievements and developments of the past?

For how long are we supposed to play the blame game on matters of development?

We have seen and heard enough. India is up for a change, a revolution. A revolution that aims towards taking India, her culture and her worthfulness to the world.