The Democratic Party: What they Stand For | Teen Ink

The Democratic Party: What they Stand For

By Stephie GOLD, Joliet, Illinois
Stephie GOLD, Joliet, Illinois

Democrats are the best political party in the United States. The Democratic Party is dedicated to opening up opportunities for every American and keeping our nation safe. They want strong economic growth, affordable health care, and other great opportunities for all Americans. They represent the interests of working citizens and work hard for individual liberties for all people. The history of the Democratic Party is a proud one of organization, strength, and empowerment. Democrats believe compassion and wisdom is in every person. Even right now one of the best democratic leaders, Barack Obama, is trying to press in a health care plan that is affordable and benefits every one. If you still don’t believe me than you can research more. Thank you Democrats for all you have done for this country!

on Apr. 25 2010 at 4:50 am
Treefiddy BRONZE, Tarzana, California
Sorry about posting that twice in one comment. I was having problems with my computer and I had to copy it and close the posting window. I had pasted it twice on accident.

on Apr. 25 2010 at 4:48 am
Treefiddy BRONZE, Tarzana, California

The Democratic Party has gone from a party which wanted to use government to tear down the inequities of society which kept people poor, such as the Jim Crowe laws, to a party which wants to simply give people entitlements. Today's Democratic Party is the left.

The Democratic Party today believes government can create an ideal society. It is a religion to believe that government can run the health care system better than the market, just as they believe that taking billions of dollars from private parties and respending it will benefit the economy.

"They represent the interests of the working citizens and work hard for individual liberties for all people"

I don't know where to start. They are hardly for individual liberties. They are for individual entitlement through collective means. You hear preaching of rights for health care, affordable hosing and even more entitlements. The word right has come to be little more than political expedience.

"They want strong economic growth..."

Well, who doesn't? But that isn't what pervades the left. If the left wanted economic growth, they would want to cut taxes, cut spending and free markets. But it is all about economic equality. Obama was asked why he supported raising the capital gains tax when every time they lowered it, the government took in even more revenue and when the tax was raised, they took in less revenue; he answered that it was for reasons of fairness. Economic growth is not what entises the left.

"They represent the interests of the working citizens"

There is no political price paid on the left for bad ideas shrouded behind political rhetoric. There is no economic basis with reality. Raising taxes has always led to greater unemployment. It just siphons billions of dollars for the market to be "invested" or "distributed" at the will of government. I support the working class too. Cut taxes!

Other than that, this essay was just rhetoric or simply sheer nonsense.