The Day I Die.... | Teen Ink

The Day I Die....

September 29, 2009
By forever_misguided GOLD, Chicago, Illinois
forever_misguided GOLD, Chicago, Illinois
15 articles 0 photos 7 comments

When I die…… I’ll be honest, I’m terrified of dying, or anything close to that experience. But I believe that there is a reason for everything.
I’m here freaking out about the influenza going around the world. I don’t want to die so young. I haven’t accomplished any of my dreams yet! I’m scared. How do I protect myself from this horrible virus?

I was just watching the news. A fourteen-year-old from Texas died in only one day of the sickness. I twitched all stupid when I saw that. A million possibilities went through my head at the moment. I don’t know how I can go to high school everyday, knowing that there might be someone next to me with a contagious sickness. It scares me. It terrifies me.

Once we are carrying that virus, it’s only a matter of time before we die. Some may be lucky enough to make it and get better. But a great deal of us won’t get that second chance. One day, you could be dreaming about being a famous author, and respected movie director and script writer [like me], but those dreams can be ripped away in only a few seconds. It’s a very negative way of thinking, but it’s true. Being honest, I’d rather die from influenza than being shot, or strangled to death. Just not now.

I know that as soon as you’re done reading this, you must feel all insecure and all these thoughts are going through your mind. And trust me, I am feeling very perverse and sinister as I write this down on the bottom corner of my homework assignment. I figure I should just write my final wishes and hide it in my room. So that when my parents start to box all my stuff after I am deceased, they can find it and read my dreams, desires, thoughts, what type of person I really was, and I might even throw a few insults in there for the people I dislike.


But for now, I think I'm just going to determine if I should just leave all this on my homework and let my teacher read it. She might send me to the school counselor, and that's a good way to get out of class.