Why Does The Government Raise The Tax and How Can This Problem Be Solved? | Teen Ink

Why Does The Government Raise The Tax and How Can This Problem Be Solved?

By Yangky234 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Yangky234 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

''be where you are otherwise you will miss your life''

I was living in a house. I was living in the house for many years. Couple of years ago the house rent was not that expensive, but many years later the rent bills increased. My family has to pay $900 to be able to live in the house. Which is pretty expensive because it is hard for us to get that amount of money. What we do is just doing whatever we can to get the money to pay the house. I know that it is a little bit expensive but we have to get the money to pay the rent so we can live in the house.

The government raising the tax and bills are a problem because people do not have money, also most of the people are poor. This is the reason why people become homeless because some people cannot pay their rent. The people also get paid low on jobs, which is pretty hard for them to get the money to pay the rent and the house bills. This is sad because people started becoming homeless because they couldn’t pay their rent and they were forced to sleep on the streets. People also struggle getting money because they have to go work everyday. People also need help to pay their rent because they do not have enough money.

The government should not raise the tax and bills because some people cannot afford them. Especaily the ones that don't work because they cannot not get money. The government should lower the tax and bills a little lower so people can pay them and have enough money to survive. People also need money for other things too, not just tax and bills. People need heat, electricity, and water to survive. If they do not have these things they will not survive and it will be hard for them. People suffer on the streets because they cannot pay their house rent and bills. It will be better if the government makes the tax and bills go a little bit lower so people can be more easy on themselves. Taxes and bills can ruin other people's lives if they cannot pay them. Some people on the streets just live and endure in the streets because they cannot pay their rent. People need resources, food, and water to survive.

The people are having a hard time getting money because some of them do not work, also some people do not have money. The people cannot pay their bills and it is hard for them to survive. This makes a lot of people become homeless because the people have to live on the streets if they don’t pay their rent. The people have to do something to get the money in order to pay the rent. There are lots of people out there living on the streets hoping that someone can help them. This is really sad because the people that are driving by don’t care. Also the people just ignore the homeless. The people do not want to help the homeless because they need their money and they do not want to waste their time. This is really sad because no one is helping the homeless and supporting them. It is really painful seeing people like this because seeing people like this can hurt others feelings. People need to do something to get money because bills and rents are getting more expensive. It will not be easy to get money because you need to do something good or have a good plan to be able to get money. People’s  only way is to get the money and pay the bills. If people do not get the money to pay the bills they will end up suffering.

This is not really my experience, but I kinda have this experience.

leo_nagel BRONZE, Shanghai, Other
Interesting opinion! You are aware of the fact that the government does not directly control rents in a free market economy, right? The government could try to use fiscal measures to lower the housing prices, through subsidies for example, but these subsidies will inevitably cause a rise in taxes, assuming that the government does not run a larger deficit. The free market is just allocating housing efficiently in this case; I don't even think that the free market has failed in this case.
Also, if the government would really use its influence to lower (the nominal value of) your bills, the consequences would be disastrous. This phenomenon is called deflation, and it discourages consumption, which will logically cause less goods and services to be produced, which will cause layoffs and a general drop in living standards. (As a historical side note, the rapid deflation during the Great Depression was a large part of why it was the worst economic downturn in the 20th century.) Really, higher incomes and less unemployment should be what we should be striving for in my opinion. Anyhow, those are just my thoughts. What do you think?