The ultimate weapons : ELECTRONIC DEVICES | Teen Ink

The ultimate weapons : ELECTRONIC DEVICES

By harshil BRONZE, Gurugram, Other
harshil BRONZE, Gurugram, Other

What if the mobile phone was never invented? How would we know what did Kylie ate for breakfast today then? 😊 Motorola was the first company ever to make the handheld mobile phone. Martin cooper the inventor of the handheld mobile phone made the first prototype, it  weighed 1.1 kilograms (2.4 lb) and measured 23 by 13 by 4.5 centimetres (9.1 by 5.1 by 1.8 in) and it offered only 30 minutes of talktime and took 10 whole hours to recharge , it was called the Motorola DynaTAC. Cooper was a insane guy, the first call he made using his invention was to his rivals, the guy is nuts but insane at the same time.Back then mobile phones were’nt common and only a few had them but now I have seen 2 year olds using mobile phones as if they are discussing global warming on the phone.  In this current ongoing pandemic we all need devices such as laptops, mobile phones etc. We simply can’t live without them, be it work, online classes, gaming etc. Research shows people generally blink about 15 times per minute—but when concentrating on a screen, that falls to about six times per minute, leading to increasing strain on the eyes. the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has recommended a limit to daily online classes—no more than two sessions per day for students in classes 1 to 8, and no more than four for students in classes 9 to 12, with each session lasting a maximum of 45 minutes but there are many schools violating this rule.Normally kids are allowed to watch television for more than an hour each day and if any kid is spending more than an hour watching television then it boils the blood of their parents but if the same kid is using his laptop etc. for 8-10 hours a day to study then the parents are completely fine with it!! I guess using laptop for studying wont damage your eyes but using it to watch your favourite Netflix show might . When using an electronic device the screen should be 20 inches away from our eyes or about an arm’s length distance. The bigger the screen more the distance . While attending online classes make sure you are in a well lit room, make sure there is plenty of sunlight entering that room or if sunlight can’t penetrate through that room then make sure you have turned on enough lights. There is a myth that using an electronic device in dark causes damage to your eyes which is completely wrong, using an electronic device in a dark room causes your eyes to get tired quickly . Use night mode so that the strain on your eyes is reduced . The longer the time you spend in front of your screen, more likely you are to be depressed , so cut down on that screen time and just go in your balcony and breathe that fresh air.

Hello everyone my name is Harshil and I'm from India.