FM or AM Radio? | Teen Ink

FM or AM Radio?

By Mary Jallow BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia
Mary Jallow BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia

FM Radio and AM Radio are two types of radios that are used today. The first type of radio ever produced was the AM Radio. Those two types of radios, of course, have their similarities and they have their differences. Thanks to those differences, I think that the FM Radio is generally better than the AM Radio.

The main reason I don’t like the AM Radio is because it doesn’t have music you can listen to, whereas the FM Radio does have music that you can listen to. If you are in the car, you don’t want to just sit there or just drive there. You have to have something to do. Music is a form of entertainment. So to entertain yourself in a car, at home or just anywhere you’re bored at, grab a radio and listen to music on the FM Radio.

Another reason I like the FM Radio better is because unlike the AM Radio, the FM Radio is entertaining. The AM Radio is so boring all it talks about is the news and weather. I can understand that the news is important to people but the FM Radio takes their breaks and also gives you quick updates on the news and weather. So what I am trying to say is that the FM Radio has a mixture of both entertainment and serious news business.

So as you come to understand by reading this, the FM Radio is very convenient. If you’re they type of person that likes the news but also likes some entertainment at the same time, the FM Radio is the right type of radio to you. If you liked the AM Radio in the beginning of this paper better, you most likely changed your mind to liking FM Radio better; I wouldn’t blame you because after all…it is!