Guns Don’t Fire Themselves | Teen Ink

Guns Don’t Fire Themselves

December 11, 2018
By nathan_mobbin GOLD, Sacramento, California
nathan_mobbin GOLD, Sacramento, California
10 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"


These past few years have been very emotional to the families who had a relative(s) in a deadly shootings. In these deadly shootings , many people lost their lives.  The reason why these devastating events happen was because of people, not guns. Guns don’t fire themselves, people pull the trigger.


Therefore, I believe that guns isn't the problem. People just think that gun are the reasons why these deadly shooting happens. It's more than just guns it's also the people who puts their hands on one and uses it in a poorly manner way.


Some people are mentally unstable, for example, in all the deadly shootings that happened over the years they were all mentally ill. If they would just make background check a little more strict and actually look at their health issues, there’ll be no problem with guns.  


People need access to guns for self-defense.  For example, I seen all over the internet where people are breaking into houses and robbing and looting the houses. One time they almost beaten a man to death, what if that was me that was almost beaten to death? The cops will never be there on time and by the time they make it, it's either a murder scene and police report on the robbery. It goes back to self-defense and how we need it to protect ourselves.


Citizens in United states are the problem. It doesn't matter if they take guns from us because citizens will always find ways to kill others. There are many different methods people use to to kill others, for example: knives, bats, cars, etc. but they don’t put a control on those things. Anything can be considered as a weapon, not specifically towards guns. So people are really the problems.


They say that gun control will create less gun violence. But in reality it's never going to reduce maybe even get worse if we do have control. It would get worse because the people that do still have guns will use it against the people who don't have it. Also many gang members guns are usually ghost or unserial  coded that can not be chased.


Gun control doesn’t work even if it would ever go into effect. People would still get guns regardless from the blackmarket or even off the streets. The violence rates will not change if they do take guns away. That’s why gun control would not work.


What will happen if the government or criminals in United States start a war?If the government took the guns away from us, we wouldn’t have a way to protect ourselves. The criminals would have guns because they can always get if they could or their guns could even be ghost guns. That’s what’s citizens got to think about, what will you fight with?


One major thing guns are used for in United States is hunting. It’s a sport and also a way to put a meal on the table. My father uses guns to provide food for us to eat and not to go out to hurt others. If we do ever have a global warming and the world comes to an end, the people that have guns will be the one who’ll survive.


That’s why gun control would not work in the United States. There’s reasons why it wouldn’t because we need guns for self defense. People would continue to be the reasons murders happen. Guns will always be bought even if guns are taken from us. Finally guns are used for hunting. This is why gun would bring consequences instead of benefits. So think twice and see who’s really the problem.


The author's comments:

What inspired me to write this piece because guns has always been apart my life, without my dad wouldnt be able to provide enough food for us to eat.