Our Future on a Screen | Teen Ink

Our Future on a Screen

By Oromano21 BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
Oromano21 BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey

The future as we know it, has been taken over by technology. The company Apple has made an immense impact on technology over the years. With new releases of iPads, Laptops, iPhones more almost every year, the world can never catch a break. Each new model is said to have more improvements and advancements than the previous year. At the end of the day, is it all just the same thing?

Apple is releasing the new iPhone XS. It is said to have “the largest display ever on an iPhone. Even faster Face ID. The smartest, most powerful chip in a smartphone. And a breakthrough dual-camera system with Depth Control,” according to the Apple Inc. Website. In Apple’s words it “is everything you love about an iPhone. Taken to the extreme.” This clearly states that the new and improved iPhone is most likely to immediately sweep the nation with its high quality looks and improvements. If you thought the iPhone X was good, check again!

Of course, these benefits come at a coast. This phone is selling for anywhere between $999 - $1099, not including the monthly phone payments. Astonishingly, it costs that much to buy yourself the iPhone XS. As amazing as these new improvements are, the common question comes down to, is it really worth it?

Time after time, new products release and everyone finds themselves asking the same question., which leaves people torn. Who wouldn’t want the newest iPhone? After seeing the impeccable advertisements around social media, you most definitely are going to want the trending piece of technology. But, seriously would you really pay that much money just for a phone with “better” improvements when the phone you have is attaining your daily needs?

Almost every time something new and trendy is open to the public, it only lasts a short while. Most people fail to remember it within less than a month, which really makes you think about your spending’s. Why buy something that expensive, when you really only need a phone that efficiently allows you to call, text, take pictures, social media, etc.

Going out of the way to buy the new iPhone XS just to have it, is a bold move. Having the newest shiny technology is definitely something to want, however is it necessary? Most people tend to get out of control and losing their perception on their wantsand their needs.

After the latest release from Apple, the iPhone X, people were jumping up and down, rushing to buy the phone for themselves and maybe even their family and friends. It made the perfect gift at the time. The whole new design was undoubtedly impressive, it quickly became a struggle to buy the phone within the first week. Having the iPhone X was great for most people, however, overtime, many buyers claimed that their phones were cracked and scratched in many places and it was difficult to use. Apple made their advertisements look so amazing that people believed that they neededto have it, to make their life “complete.” So, what is the result of the iPhone XS going to be like?

After having an iPhone for many years, I am one that often gets caught up in the craze for anything new. However, I personally do not think that these extreme prices are worth a “better quality camera.” The new looks and improvements of the new iPhone do not seem worth all the cost, especially when the phone that most people already are settled with is in top condition.

It is understandable to see how there are people who are so excited and waiting outside of the Apple store to purchase. Having the newest phone makes people feel satisfied with themselves. When people see your new phone, they are definitely going to be interested, since it is the newestand nicestphone to have. But, how long is the, “Oh my gosh, is that the new iPhone?!”saying going to last? Most likely not too long.

There is absolutely no way of knowing what the new phone will bring. Based off of the advertisements, it is supposed to have larger screens, faster face ID, smartest phone chip, and a higher quality camera with depth control. Now time is going to have to tell if it will live it up to its name. Purchasing the new iPhone XS is definitely something to consider. Of course everyone has different opinions, and some people do not mind the price of the phone. Others might see the price as impractical and unnecessary. Do you plan on buying the iPhone XS?

This piece is about the newest iPhone XS