If I Were Mayor of My Town | Teen Ink

If I Were Mayor of My Town

By KarimOmega GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
KarimOmega GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

"Things are hard before they get better.

A mayor, in general, is a head of government of a city, town, borough, or municipal corporation who is also the highest authority of a particular territory in a country who is either elected by the people or selected in order to carry important functions in a territory to which he/she is assigned. Also, he is the first citizen of the city, town, or borough to which he/she is assigned.

Although the functions of a Mayor changes from place to place, as a mayor, I would  first ensure that territorial peace and unity is being ensured before starting my duty as a territorial chief.

When peace and unity is being ensured, all other functions that I may carry out as a mayor would be more accurate than expected as a result, less chaos, protest  and entropy in my  town to which I am assigned to, regardless of religion, language or ethnicity, belief and customs.

This would make my town to which I was assigned, enjoy facilities that I will provide without any discrimination, protest, political or regional chaos.

To continue, I will make sure that the lives of my people is protected in the course of war or disaster whether manmade or natural, protest, etc.

I would make sure that each and every citizen in my territory is  disarmed in order to stop the rate of increase in killing of citizens in my territory. To be precise, the disarmament of weapons in a particular territory to which I am assigned to, may help in carrying out the peace process which will be my first and foremost goal as a territorial chief.

The disarmament of weapons from civilians will help reduce the rumors of war, murder or suicide, chaos, etc. I may reduce this by the passing of strict laws against the use of  weapons of any kind because ‘weapon is weapon’! I will make sure that this issue is completely addressed because  the people’s lives matter.

Furthermore, to upholding and promotion of  the purposes of the Constitution, and to interpret the Constitution when necessary; and to preside over meetings of the Council so that its business can be carried out efficiently and with regard to the rights of Councillors and the interests of the community will be my aim. In the case of an equality of votes, as Chairman, I the Mayor have a second or deciding vote.

Also, as first Citizen, I, the Mayor, is a symbol of the authority of the Council and it is my duty to represent and promote the interests and welfare of the town  and all who live in, work in or visit the territory to which I am assigned. I will do this through thorough monitoring of my town to which I am assigned, do what the community people desires that may put my territory forward, regardless of minority or majority- in order to have an internal peace and unity with sustainable development in the town. Also, I will preside impartially over meetings of the Council so that its business can be carried out efficiently and with regard to the rights of councillors and the interests of the town community to which I am assigned.

If I were the Mayor of my town, I will never put it down!

on Nov. 27 2017 at 11:30 am
KarimOmega GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Sure, mayors should not put their territories down!