Forever My Hero | Teen Ink

Forever My Hero

April 7, 2015
By potato18 GOLD, Sacramento, California
potato18 GOLD, Sacramento, California
12 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Even the greatest was once a beginner. Don't be afraid to take that first step."


What makes a person a hero? A person who is a hero has to be of course caring, independent, has great leadership, and etc. Therefore, General Vang Pao is my hero because if it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t be born as a U.S. citizen and being well educated. He is an honored Hmong leader and he was willing to help his people with his life in many wars.


General Vang was born on December 8, 1929 in a small village called Nonghet in the Central Xaingkhouang Province in northeastern region in Laos. His was Neng Chu Vang a county leader then later his father sends him to school at the age of 10 until the age of 15. But before he went to school he had a peaceful life as a farmer with his mother in Nonghet. And later he chose military as his major then attend a French military school.

Therefore as years pass by General Vang Pao wars and battle has come to find him. Here are some names of battles and wars: Second Sino-Japanese War, First Indochina War, Laotian Civil War, and Second Indochina War. He wasn’t just helping his people but also the French, Americans, and Thai people. In the World War 2 he uses the guerilla warfare to fight and also taught the French and Americans. And he was right for trusting the Americans and French in the Secret War. So that’s why Hmong people are all over the world in different continents.

Although General Vang didn’t save every single Hmong person he saves millions of others. He is my hero and will forever be because he is so independent and caring. And the millions he saved were my parents and thanks to him my parents are here. Also that gives us Hmong chance to prove to the world that even though we don’t have a country we have knowledge too.


General Vang Pao will always be my hero and I want to thanks him for all his love and care. He is a leader that will never disappear in our memories because he is willing to risk the risk for not him but all. And we will all cherish and treasure his name General Vang Pao.


The author's comments:

His is my hero.