Hello, I am a Yellow | Teen Ink

Hello, I am a Yellow

February 17, 2014
By Chmira SILVER, Sanford, North Carolina
Chmira SILVER, Sanford, North Carolina
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
You miss 100% of the shots you never take
-Wayne Gretzky


Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls! Introducing, on his “Hello, I’m a Yellow” tour, Chmira Gilliam!

Alright! How’s everybody doing tonight? Y’all are a beautiful crowd. I am so happy y’all could make it. I am ready and #TurntUp, so let’s get this thing started!

As you already know, I am a yellow. Now what that means is I am fun, playful, but I can also be a little crazy. I have always been such an energetic little kid, and as I got older (talks in grandpa voice) my yellowness grew and grew. This is kind of a cursed blessing; have you heard that joke about the ‘cannibal’ and ‘people’? It is Hi-larious. “Why did the cannibal live on his own…he was fed up with other people!” AHAHA! That’s so funny!! Ah where was I? Oh yes! A cursed blessing; I am fun-loving and playful, but I am easily distracted by the simplest of things. The other day, I found out that if you type into the google search bar, ‘do a barrel roll’ google will actually rotate the page a full 360 degrees in front of your very eyes! To anybody else, this was probably something they were amazed at for about 3 minutes. I, being a yellow, was amazed at it for 20. Question…Have you heard that Miley Cyrus (BTW Miley would be a Yellow-blue because she likes to have lots of fun, but when it comes to love she is very serious) song “#GETITRIGHT”? How about “Rooting for my baby”? “Adore You”? Maybe “Love Money Party”? Anyways my relatives (as crazy as they are) are surprisingly NOT pure yellows, but all of them have a mixture of yellow within their personality color.

And here I am, an all yellow in the midst of all of this. AHHHH! Thankfully though none of them have any white in them, because, personality wise, opposites DON’T attract. All they do is (talks in Hippie voice and holds up peace sign) go with the flow man; being a yellow, I have my own flow and want to be the only one flowing with MY flow. Anyways the relationship I have with my aunt Marion, because she is a black personality, is really good; when she gets mad, and when she’s not mad, her yellow comes out and it just makes me laugh even if the anger is pointed at me. My relationship with my uncle Denny, because he is a green, is good because he is always laughing about something, good or bad. My relationship with my brother is, because he is an orange, good as well. Also I love oranges. That is also my favorite color!
Have I failed to mention that I love K. Michelle? ??Well what you don’t know now you know!?? K. Michelle is the best singing #BigBootyJudy in the world! No one can compare! Have you heard “V.S.O.P” or maybe “Sometimes”? K. Michelle would be a greens as well, because just as Miley, she is very fun, but serious when it comes to love. She actually has a song dedicated to her whoo-hah being “broke”. It is hilarious. Welp that’s all I got!

Thank you! Thank You! I’ll be here all week!


The author's comments:
This was made for my psychology class. My personality color is a yellow (loud, fun out-going, and a little irresponsible).