The Darkness Inside | Teen Ink

The Darkness Inside

By TempisFugit GOLD, Monroe, North Carolina
TempisFugit GOLD, Monroe, North Carolina

"We do not fear for the future"- Tiger's Destiny

Inside of all of us is the temptation to give into all those wretched things we thought about at one point or another. For some it is harder to ignore this feeling than it is for others. Many express that feeling by indulging in such guilty pleasures as scary movies or gory television shows. This can be a perfectly normal place to let go of these feelings. Others try to battle the inevitable evil that draws them so close. They believe in anything that might give them hope, anything they can cling to that lets them believe there is still good in the world. This belief needs to be fed and cherished at all costs because, dear reader, truly good people are a dying breed.Every day the world is corrupt by tragic accidents and sometimes even terrifying plans. They are poisoned by the very people who claim to want the best for them. These creatures want no such thing. Here lies our ignorance in the world. True ignorance is something that is superfluously common. Many believe that the world is filled with good. Very few of us realize that there is no true goodness. These fortunate souls know that there are no true heroes, only people in the right place in the opportune time. Only the winners write the stories. The real human beings don't get a say in how people perceive them. They get the lovely opportunity to sit back while people dissect their lives and start on the pure hatred. Every day someone is honored for doing the "right thing".

This is a personal belief I hold onto strongly.