Skinny Is Bull | Teen Ink

Skinny Is Bull

By Katieekinnz SILVER, Antrim, New Hampshire
Katieekinnz SILVER, Antrim, New Hampshire

This goes out to all the girls out there who are starving themselves to become something that they're not. To all the girls out there who feel that weight is an important thing. To all the girls that think they need to slim down a little bit to get the attention that they want. To all the girls out there who think that if only they were a little thinner, that their family would accept them. To all of the girls out there who can't accept what they see in the mirror. I just want you to know that you're beautiful. I think that you're amazing. I think you are gorgeous. I think that you were made for way more than what you settle for. I think another thing too. I think that this lie that you've embraced, that skinny will give you something. Skinny this, skinny that. Skinny is bull. Skinny isn't going to give you anything. I hate to break it to you, but skinny is just skinny. That's all it is. You might think that your friends will accept you, that the boys will notice you, that your family will accept you. All of these things that being thin promises you is just a lie. You don't even see that you're destroying yourself. So I came here to tell you that you're beautiful. And that doesn't mean something on the outside. It doesn't mean that you're the perfect size. Because there is no perfect. There is no such thing as perfection. It does not exist. I'm telling you that you're beautiful just the way you are. You are enough. You are enough for me, and all the other people out there. And to all of those people who are pushing you to be something that you're not, they don't deserve you, you're attention, and they don't deserve your time. You are enough. And if you don't tell yourself that, then I will. You. Are. Enough. I want you to love you and be you. If you're struggling, get help. Talk to someone. There's so much hope. But you have to let go. You deserve to be better. You deserve to be happy. Remember, you're not alone. You're enough.

I want every girl to know that 'skinny' is just a fictional character that we made up. You are beautiful the way you are. This was inspired by a recording I heard.