Questions | Teen Ink

Questions

April 9, 2013
By Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York
Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York
38 articles 0 photos 445 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas


1. Do goth people get hot in the sun?

2. Is Ke$ha part fairy, or does she just "like" glitter?

3. Why do I hate cooking?

4. Why was the play Bye Bye Birdie ever invented?

5. What is the real point of the iPhone?

6. Why does water take so long to boil?

7. How did the universe come to be?

8. Why are my parents in charge?

9. Why no TV on school nights? - hey, some of its educational

10. Why do some people hurt others?



Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 14 comments.


mnm08 BRONZE said...
on Jan. 30 2014 at 11:29 pm
mnm08 BRONZE, Grande Prairie, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 69 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A writer needs the industry of an ant, the creativity of a kitten and the hid of an armadillo."- Author Unknown

My answers:  1. Do goth people get hot in the sun? Yes, they are still people :) 2. Is Ke$ha part fairy, or does she just "like" glitter? I think she loves glitter :P  3. Why do I hate cooking? You have a different way of expressing your artistic side. From your works, it seems that poetry and just writing in general is your strong suit when it comes to creative expression. Cooking is not for everyone. Personally, I love cooking but I don't think many people would want to eat my food.. not that I blame them, lol Basically, everyone has a different way of expressing their artistic side and for you I'd say it's your integration, understanding, and structuring of words. 4. Why was the play Bye Bye Birdie ever invented? No idea 5. What is the real point of the iPhone? Play games like Jelly Splash! and Temple Run! haha :P Call ppl, txt ppl, watch youtube videos on a miniature screen. Showing off..? lol jk It's just another phone I guess. 6. Why does water take so long to boil? Being a lover of chemistry, I could answer this through a scientific point of view. Water takes so long to boil because it has very special properties. For example, water has a very high specific heat capacity, which means that it takes longer for water to boil. Also, water is the universal solvent meaning it can dissolve almost anything. Also, the bonds between the two hydrogens and the oxygen (H2o) gives it polarity. So, water has a partial negative charge and partial positive charge. Water has cohesive and adhesive properties. We need water for survival. 65% of our bodies are made up of water. About 70% of the planet is covered in water. Water is just very special in so many incredible ways. I think that's why water takes a long time to boil. Good things take time and patience ;) If good things came so easy to us then we would not be able to appreciate its value nor understand its potency. I believe that water is the most special compound on earth. However, carbon is quite a special compound as well, but not as great as water.  7. How did the universe come to be? I believe that there is a magnificient power controlling the universe. I believe that the universe was predetermined by a power that is far too complex for us to understand, yet it is this power that drives us forward and has structured our minds in such a way for us to survive. I don't believe that free will is an illusion although this statement might sound contradictory to my previous statement, I believe that I have already made my decisions within another dimension.. this concept is closely related to theoretical physics and specifically, string theory. I also believe, that the human mind is not capable of handling the complexity of the universe and its creation will cease to be understood by others.   8. Why are my parents in charge? They brought you into this world and it is their responsibility to love you, guide you, and ensure that you become the best person you can be. Respect them, try your best to understand them even when it seems difficult, be kind to them, take care of them in their old age. A family bond is stronger than most people think. 9. Why no TV on school nights? - hey, some of its educational While there are many educational tv shows, I think that school nights should be reserved for doing homework, catching up on assignments, studying for upcoming tests. Basically, weekends are the time where you can chill and watch education tv as well imo :) 10. Why do some people hurt others? You know, I've been contemplating this question for a very long time. Primarily because I have been very deeply hurt by people no matter how kind and how forgiving I am. However, I have learned that its important for me to understand their perspective first and foremost. The people who hurt others are suffering within, far more than anyone could ever know. They might seem cocky, and arrogant, or prideful on the outside but on the inside they are extremely insecure. They have no understanding of self. They feel inferior to the extent that they feel the need to put people down in order to better themselves and place themselves on a pedestal. Inside, they are miserable, hateful, and desolated. Their insecurity eats away at them. Even until their moment of death this insecurity eats away at them until they suffocate. This internal suffocation is far worse than any external pain they have gone through. Not only is their physical self crushed but their sense of individuality is crushed. These people are trapped in an eternal struggle with self, loss, failure, insecurity, pride, jealousy, and ignorance. Until they choose to better themselves permanently, they will continue to hurt others, and the cycle of pain will continue, indefinetely. 

on Jun. 18 2013 at 6:19 pm
ZeroDarkFlirty BRONZE, Eastvale, California
3 articles 0 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The strength of the pack is the wolf
And the strength of the wolf is the pack."
-Rudyard Kipling

Very interesting questions, espescially #6-10. Reminds me of some questions I ask myself, yet under different circumstances than yours might be (for example, while you probably thought deeply about most of these, I usually develop my questions under the influence of large amounts of sugar and caffeine, and small amounts of sleep and/or sanity) Very insightful, and very thought-provoking questions.

Mckay ELITE said...
on Apr. 29 2013 at 3:24 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
146 articles 0 photos 2230 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Ok...I'll never tell anyone.

on Apr. 28 2013 at 2:14 pm
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas
72 articles 0 photos 860 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

Interesting! (: Very unique. I think if you put, like, a one-word answer to each question - one that a reader could contemplate - that would be pretty cool! Just some suggestions, but I'm not sure how far you're going to pursue this... (: Good job.

on Apr. 26 2013 at 9:16 pm
Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York
38 articles 0 photos 445 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

yes i am but....shush...its a secret ;)

Mckay ELITE said...
on Apr. 26 2013 at 3:00 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
146 articles 0 photos 2230 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

YES!!! I'M O. M. Question for you now: Everytime I see someone comment or talk with you they always call you Liv. Are you Liv, Laugh?

on Apr. 25 2013 at 8:37 pm
Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York
38 articles 0 photos 445 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

Mckay are you O. M. because it emailed me saying "O. M has posted a comment and they would probably really appreciate it if you took a stinkin look at their comment" jk lol but for realsys

Mckay ELITE said...
on Apr. 25 2013 at 2:17 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
146 articles 0 photos 2230 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

That's right. Where's Antione Dodson when you need him? :)

on Apr. 24 2013 at 7:00 pm
Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York
38 articles 0 photos 445 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

You guys are great! Glad to see my kinda stupid questions spark conversation. Haha hide your kids, hide your glitter, cuz Ke$has out to get ya'll. oh man. Keep rockin both of ya

Mckay ELITE said...
on Apr. 24 2013 at 2:34 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
146 articles 0 photos 2230 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Hey, there, you. It's been ages since we last spoke. Haha. Shhhh.....don't tell anyone. I like Ke$ha though I'm not really a groupie, although maybe I should write that comment into a stroy or something. Call it The Truth behind the Pixie We All Know as Ke$ha.....DUN......DUN.....DUN.... Although that's too long. And you have suspicions of me? ^u^ What kind of suspicions. I like to keep a little myself a little mysterious. (As if....) But hide your glitter in some safe or something. Cuz Ke$ha's out there lurking in the shadows, waiting for you to turn you back and then. SNATCH it all away. 

on Apr. 23 2013 at 9:19 pm
LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico
27 articles 0 photos 423 comments

Favorite Quote:
The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

Hahahaha. Mckay! BRAVO! Your story impresses me. You know quite a bit about Ke$ha... hmm, are you sure you aren't apart of the pop-glitter-stealing-groupie? I have my suspicions about you Mckay and I'll be keeping my glitter on lock-down! EVERYONE WATCH OUT.   .....DUN, DUN, DUN.....

Mckay ELITE said...
on Apr. 22 2013 at 3:58 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
146 articles 0 photos 2230 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Honestly, I was going to anser all of these questions but I think Lexus nailed them all. If I tried her answers would put me to shame. As to Ke$ha being a fairy, I believe she's a pixie like Tinkerbell. Ke$ha was kicked out of Pixie Hollow becuase she was obssessed with pixie dust. The highest of the pixies thought Ke$ha would use up all of the mgic dust so she kicked Ke$ha out. Then Ke$ha reincarnated—true fact, Ke$ha believes in reincarnation; I'm not making this up—into the pop star/trainwreck—no offence to my Ke$hians; love me some Ke$ha here and there—that she is. She belives glitter is truly pixie dust. That's why she LOVESSSSS it so much. She needs it all. So hide your glitter because Ke$ha's after it—and body paint too! Hide that too!

on Apr. 21 2013 at 9:14 pm
Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York
38 articles 0 photos 445 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

wow lexus, never seen a comment this long!!!! but tht was hilarious!!! love your anwers! and thanks!

on Apr. 21 2013 at 9:00 pm
LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico
27 articles 0 photos 423 comments

Favorite Quote:
The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

Okay, so I am going to answer these questions. So, number one. Gothic people are generally really pale, so they don't go in the sun that often, and if they do they wear sunblock. Plus, they usually wear a lot of makeup and if they get hot and sweat it's gonna run. So, they don't go out that much. But, I am sure with most of the blacks they wear, they get hot. And in general, doesn't everyone? (: Question two! On The Legend of Zelda there is actually a fairy named Kesha. Haha! But, Ke$ha doesn't just like glitter, she LOVES glitter. And I am sure if she could be a fairy she would. Question three! I don't know why you hate cooking. Maybe you got it from someone in your family. But, maybe you're bad at it, you try to make hard recipes, you cook stuff too long, or maybe when you cook you cook for large groups so it gets annoying. Me though, I love to cook. (: Okay, four, well, Bye Bye Birdie is a musical. People love musicals so they probably assumed it'd be a hit and musicals make a lot of money. But, I have never seen it. Number five, the point of an iPhone is generally the concept of all smart phones. That way you can go online anywhere at basically anytime. Besides, this is a new era for phones and for technology in general, so there is going to be a lot of 'i' stuff! I think the idea is a good one, but I don't think coming out with new ones once a year is necessary. Have you seen the new smart car? To be honest, that's TOO much, and technology is moving way too fast. Six, first off it can depend on your cookwear, the material and weight can affect the heating. If you have a lot of water it's going to take longer for it to get hot. And it probably depends if you use gas or electric, too. We have gas, but it still takes awhile depending on the amount of water. Patience, Liv! (: Seven, if you ask science, they believe in the 'Big Bang' which says like thirteen billion years ago there was inflation and like an expanding balloon it swelled from a tiny electron to it's current size. There's another theory about an ageless universe. I believe that God created the Earth in six days. Day one, LIGHT. Day two, the FIRMAMENT. Day three, GATHERED WATER AND THE LAND APPEARED. Day four, SUN. Day five, FISH AND CREATURES OF THE AIR. Day six, ANIMALS AND HUMANS. That's what I believe. I put those in caps because I wanted to emphasize. Question eight, well, mine are too. And I think that they have a right to be in charge, because they created us and they get to be in charge for eighteen years and then we get to go live our lives. It's a pain now, but in the end, we're gonna be grateful in a few years and we're gonna ask them for help when we have children of our own. Nine, I guess it just depends on what you wanna watch. But, then again, that goes back to question eight! And ten, I wanna know too.