The Benefits of Having a Cat | Teen Ink

The Benefits of Having a Cat

February 28, 2013
By RyleeNixon SILVER, Madrid, Iowa
RyleeNixon SILVER, Madrid, Iowa
8 articles 5 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon." unknown..


Cats are cute, adorable creatures. They are independent, yet cuddly things. Cats can be fierce sometimes, yet they are always nice to that one person. Usually there "masters". When a cat kneads you on your stomach or chest they are marking you as there territory. And cats are known for protecting there territory.

There are also some cool things cats can do. Like when cats pee it usually has an icredibly strong smell. So whenever you have guests over that you don't like all you have to do is not clean out the cat's litter box for a few weeks. And something else you might find cool about cats. It's that there pee glows in black light.

The ultimate show of love a cat can give you is when there tail quiver/shakes when they come near you. They are telling you in the most adorable way they can that they love you. It is also pretty adorable when cats purr for you. Now when cats are mad you will know. The will thrash there tail back and forth telling you that they are in a cad mood. which means you should give them there space. Cats will give you warnings when they are mad. Another benefit of having a cat.


You can have conversations with your cat! The more you talk to your cat the more it will meow in answer. Will a dog ever do that? I think not.


Cats can also deliver mail. In Belgium 1879 they were used to deliver mail. So another thing that cats can do is deliver your mail. How cute would it be to get mail from a cat. With its big fluffy tail and its cuteness.


So all in all you benefit a lot from having a cat. If your parents don't want a cat all you have to do is tell them the benefits of having a cat and they will most likely change there mind because they will be mind blown by how much a cat can benefit you!


The author's comments:
I love cats!