To Die a Murderer, or To Die a Just Man. | Teen Ink

To Die a Murderer, or To Die a Just Man.

By TheEdgar PLATINUM, Fayetteville, North Carolina
TheEdgar PLATINUM, Fayetteville, North Carolina

"If you are in need of forgetting something, make a note to remember it."

Have you ever considered the pros of capital punishment besides just the cons? Its true murder is wrong, and killing a murderer seems just as unjust. But also consider the fact of punishment. A parent will punish their child for doing something wrong. Now you’re probably thinking it’s just a small thing not murder. But they are both the same. They deserve a punishment. God sees all sin as sin and nothing more. Your hands are stained either way, and as a parent brings justice to a child so should God (or in this case our government) to a murderer.

Yes, jail is a form of punishment, but why let him live? Your loved one (hypothetically) is dead while his (or her) killer is alive and well. Now you’re thinking he is living with the guilt of it all, but you’re wrong. He feels nothing! Big surprise, the only thing that man feels is the nagging thought of “I can’t believe I was caught”.

Capital punishment is also a biblical truth-
1Peter 2:14 – Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and the praise of them that do well.

Our authorities should be using the concept of capital punishment! Our nation was founded on these principles Benjamin Franklin said, “God governs in the affairs of man. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid? We have been assured in the Sacred Writings that except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it. I firmly believe this. I also believe that, without His concurring aid, we shall succeed in this political building no better than the builders of Babel.” (Babel was a tower that people back then tried to build to heaven and they failed miserably, King James Version Bible Genesis 11:1-9.)

Now you’re probably wondering why I haven’t mentioned the cons, but I am just getting to that. The cons of capital punishment as we all know are that someone dies. And not by accident, we “murder” or execute, as some would say, murderers in some states. We have also been taught since birth that murder is wrong, and it’s true it is wrong. Don’t get me wrong, I fully believe murder is wrong! But not when it is a just punishment, and that is when it is called execution. I like that word, when used in the right terms that is. Execution is the killing of a person by judicial process as a punishment for an offense. It is not murder. No, I’m not saying that it’s right to go and kill a man for murdering a child; I am saying it is just and right to execute a man by the law as he is rightly accused.

I am a Christian, although it may not be obvious since i stray from the path of God, I still believe that he died on the cross to save me and i felt that i should stick up for what the Bible teaches which includes capital punishment.

ahahz thanks L. Dub!

on Dec. 13 2010 at 9:25 am
Jesusandwordsfanatic PLATINUM, Fayetteville, North Carolina

Romans 14:8-For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

awesome article! glad u included God in it too! glad i'm friends with such a great author! ;)