Overrated andOut Dated | Teen Ink

Overrated andOut Dated

By Beautifully_Broken95 SILVER, Abilene, Kansas
Beautifully_Broken95 SILVER, Abilene, Kansas

For Real!?!?

Look through a magazine for a second, one like Glamour, Seventeen, PopStar. What one Page do you always see? The Trend page, it's not always called that but there always is one. A lot of girls want to look like the celebrities in those magazines. They are pretty and skinny. But think about this: How did they get that way? Are they healthy? Do they take weight loss pills that are harsh on their body? I think trends are overrated because once a girl sees what she likes she wants to mimic it. Which could be bad in a lot of situations. It could lead to sickness or death. I like to be myself even if I don't like it to stay healthy I eat right and dance. My normal outfit is jeans or cutoffs a studded belt and a tee shirt. I change my hair a lot as of right now I am blonde. So, why can't girls dress how they want to, accept their body, and live life to the fullest despite the hard times. There are always going to be bumps in the road. All I have to say is live to the fullest laugh at stupid things and life will be good. Don't worry about your body or your clothes.

I see girls everyday with so much makeup and they are constantly looking trhough magazines to find "trends"
basically the theme of this passage is: You are beautiful the way you are.

TheGirlsGotDreams BRONZE, Cortland, New York
1 article 1 photo 5 comments
This is so true. I also love your poem. You are talented.