Ballet Slippers | Teen Ink

Ballet Slippers

By Howler GOLD, Cerritos, California
Howler GOLD, Cerritos, California

"Life is not abut the number of breaths you take but about the moments that take your breath away"

These fast spinning motions makes me dizzy but I can’t stop as I switch and start to dance lightly on my toes and then my partner sprang’s me into the air and I swear I could touch the sky. I dance out my problems and let the rhythm flow within and release any doubts onto that stage. My face lights up and I focus on the crowds face while I do my Pliés and twirl in the air with my pointed toes not releasing the pressure until I feel free! Have you ever felt this feeling when your dancing? Like an escape goat or this powerful sensation that burst out of you like the speed of light that has released you in so many ways you feel just simply great? Maybe its only me, but I can not get this thought out of my head where I’m dancing and I play songs like white houses and I’m the raving ballerina and the crowd goes wild! Sounds like a joke but for those who really love to dance and even think about dance then, they know what I’m saying. I glide across the room and shut the world out for a moment to be at peace with myself. Its a fire that won’t go out and a dream that won’t fade away. Its me and my ballet slippers.

Please comment and rate I know theres a lot of dancers out there!

on May. 14 2010 at 4:37 pm
choreographer218 SILVER, Prairie Village, Kansas

Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure.
-- Earl Wilson

I am one of those many dancers out there, and I love this!

Lexi-pex GOLD said...
on Apr. 17 2010 at 1:34 pm
Lexi-pex GOLD, Billingham, Other

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
- Eleanor Roosevelt

I love ballet too. good work!