Growth | Teen Ink

Growth

January 24, 2023
By Behappyandrelaxed PLATINUM, Shenzhen, Other
Behappyandrelaxed PLATINUM, Shenzhen, Other
27 articles 6 photos 0 comments

I often fantasize about the future with my friends. What are we going to be doing five years later? What kinds of people will we be five years later? Who are we going to be with five years later?  

When comes to the dreaming of my future, my mood is very contradictory. On the one hand, I think growing up means estrangement from my parents. Five years later, I may not be able to go shopping or watch a movie with my mom as often as now. On the other hand, growing up also means the maturity of thought and the growth of wisdom. Five years later, when I face with crucial issues, I will have the ability to confront with it and deal with it. I have a little fear of growing up, but also have a little anticipation: I am afraid of being estranged from the people I love, and I am anticipating to my transformation into a more powerful person. 

In our teens, there could be a lot of questions that happen in our lives which we are not able to answer or understand at the moment. At this time, we don't need to rush, we just need to wait. A month later, a year later, after we have undergone something, after we have read a few more books, after we have met some new people, when the years passed by are long enough to be recalled, the questions that have puzzled us for so many years will eventually be answered.