The Perfect Life | Teen Ink

The Perfect Life

March 16, 2021
By Nuggie BRONZE, Hamiton, Montana
Nuggie BRONZE, Hamiton, Montana
3 articles 0 photos 6 comments

We all dream about having a perfect life. There is no such thing as the perfect life. Everyone goes through things. Once something bad happens to someone it can sometimes run their life. They go around just waiting for something to happen to them to fix everything that has happened. Your experiences that people go through shape who you really are. The challenges that they have to fight through, helps them live the life that they want. 

When someone faces a challenge, it affects them. It makes them go through life just waiting for that perfect moment that will change everything. Change their life for the better. The thing is that the only one that can change your life is yourself. To live a good life you must change your perspective on life. If you just go through life thinking to yourself that you are a failure, that nothing will ever go your way it wont help you. Simply thinking this and having thoughts about your life, this can completely change your life. 

People who go through life just waiting for everything to change, for everything to be perfect, they’re not going to get anywhere in life. If you want something, you must do it yourself. If you want a good, successful life, you must earn it by working hard for it. The most successful people in the world didn't just get lucky, they worked for what they have. 

One other thing is that you can make your life perfect by making it meet your standards. There is not one definition of perfection. There is no certain level of happiness that you can reach to achieve perfection. There is such a thing as perfection though. You can set your own standards for yourself to achieve happiness and perfection. If you set your own standards of a perfect life, you can achieve it. This means that it is possible to have a perfect life and achieve happiness. 

For some people, this means to be around you family and friends and just be happy. To others, it means to have unconditional love, money, and everything else that you want from life. To me, a perfect life involves my family, friends, and happiness. It is easy to set simple goals and to achieve them if you put effort into it. This is what I believe to be the perfect life. Others think that having a buttload of money. To me though, this makes no sense. It doesn't matter how much money you have. It matters more that you live your life and enjoy it with people who love you and that you love back. That is what matters the most. 

The thing is, there is a certain point of perfection that one can reach. If you are constantly living “The Perfect Life” you are going to get tired of it. One thing that might seem surprising is that one can get tired of living the perfect life. It is because it takes feeling down to get a high. Basically this means that it takes challenges to bring you down to allow you to feel happiness and also the feeling of having a perfect life. This is why I think that it is important to have challenges throughout life. When you have a challenging life, when something good happens to you, it feels like it is the best thing that could ever happen to you. This shows how it is important to experience bad things in life. It also shows you how it is impossible to even live a perfect life whatsoever if you have not gone through hardships.

One more thing to keep in mind is that we all have a different idea of what perfect means. Actually no one really knows what perfect means. It is not definable. Your life in someone else's eyes might seem perfect but to you, it really isn't. It is hard to look on the bright side. People are usually always thinking about how the grass is greener on the other side. Of course we might set standards for ourselves and maybe you can even reach those too. If you do though, after a while, it gets boring and you raise those standards because you are always trying to achieve better. This is why some people believe that there is no such thing as a perfect life. I know what they are saying though. There is obviously a limit on how perfect one's life can really be and so to a certain extent, they are right. In my opinion, there is such a thing as perfection though. At least a point of perfection that you can reach. 

  I also think that it is important to believe in that point of perfection since then it is almost something that you can look forward to and live for. Maybe if you have had a crappy life, then you can put your effort into making the world around you a better place. The most important thing to me is myself. No, that sounds selfish but I'm serious. It is important to focus on what you want out of life and also focus on self improvement. This is what I find to be the most important and beneficial aspect of achieving “The Perfect Life”. 

In conclusion, it is important to focus on setting goals for ourselves to achieve happiness and prosperity. Also, one crucial part of living a good, healthy life is focusing on yourself. Understand what you want out of life and expect from yourself because knowing this and trying to achieve it will help you improve yourself, others around you and your mental and physical wellbeing. To finish us off, keep in mind to believe in that perfect moment and work hard for what you want. No one else can achieve your goals for you. You are the only one that can do it.


The author's comments:

this artical explains how it is either posssible and impossible to have a perfect life