Pet Peeve | Teen Ink

Pet Peeve

February 26, 2021
By Anonymous

When people can’t drive correctly on the road-like when they go too slow, and cause a line of cars. Especially on the highway when they go in the left lane and drive to slow, like can you speed up please so I can pass you and the left lane is for passing or moving over for a police car or something not for driving in. When people try to text and drive, or do something else that has them not focused on the road. It also irritates me when people don't know where they are or where they are going, like use Google Maps to find your destination. 

When I drive, I put all distractions away and just focus on the road. I would like to get to my destination in one piece without my car being damaged. Use your turn signals, use your turn signals, use your turn signals, I feel like nobody uses their turn signals anymore and it makes me frustrated because I don’t know if they are going straight, left or right. Especially at a four-way intersection, put on your blinker so others know which way you want to go. 

I also feel like if adults took the drivers exam most of them would fail, because they have forgotten most of the road rules. I also feel like when us new drivers get our license, I feel like parents will remind us of the road rules like every 30 seconds. Like mom I know the ways of the road, I took drivers ed I know how to drive. I can’t get upset with my mom because then she will be frustrated with me that I didn’t listen to her. I just say “Yes, Mom, I know that” in a nice tone to not sound rude.  When I drive I sometimes get egregious because people can’t drive and some people don’t deserve to have a license.